News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Automatic pedal assembly.

Started by VwDrvFnd, 2016-06-19 20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

VwDrvFnd

Hey Guys

I am currently doing a brake and transmission upgrade and converting my Ranchero from Standard 3 speed to an AOD.
I am looking for a Automatic brake pedal assembly to swap out with the clutch/brake assembly.
Please let me know if you have one in decent condition and how much plus shipping to Houston TX 77092.

Thanks
Steven Heinemann
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

jvo

I have a perfectly good pedal assembly laying on the garage floor from my donor car. I am a three pedal guy, but if you're building a girly car with only two pedals it will work just fine for you.  :003:

Only problem is, I am north of the 49th parallel, so shipping could be expensive.  I'm sure you will find one a lot closer to you, but if you have any trouble, you can have this one for free.  It just needs a new pedal pad.  Other than that its fine, no rust or anything on it. Its going to end up at the scrap yard sooner or later if you don't need it. Happy hunting.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

OUTLAW

All you need is the pin to replace the clutch pedal and a A/T pedal pad. You can just cut the clutch arm off leaving the pin part intact......

Ford Blue blood

What outlaw said.  The arm is the same for manual and automatic transmissions, pedal is different.  Now the stock power brake arm is a totally different story.......If you don't want to mess with taking it apart just cut the clutch arm off high up.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

3x

I've seen the clutch pedal tucked under the carpet!!!!!!!!!!

Ecode70D

I have the pin for the top and an automatic brake pedal.  Interested in the standard shift pieces that you are not using.
My car is standard shift.  Like others have stated ,your brake arm is the same if you do not have factory power brakes.    A PM has been sent .   Jay 

VwDrvFnd

Is the stock power brake arm set further apart from the gas pedal than the non power brake arm? From the pictures I have seen it looks that way.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Ecode70D

Steven
   The stock brake pedal arm and the Swift Sure brake arm are two completely different parts.   The Swift Sure Power brake arm is composed of two separate arms.   It's like mixing oranges and apples.
    Actually I think that they are both in the same relation to the gas pedal.    Jay

Lou

No they are the same distance apart.

VwDrvFnd

Ok thanks for that info! Make things a lot easier!