News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stand there Baby

Started by BP57CUSTOM, 2016-10-19 17:42

Previous topic - Next topic

BP57CUSTOM

If I could just get my Grand Daughter to stand there for a car-show. She has been going to the garage for several months now and loves my old cars. And talking about Bill Elliott and Junior Johnson on the wall.

[img]
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

BWhitmore

Beautiful little girl and nice car.  This picture reminded me of my niece.  Her dad was a professional body man/painter who often worked on cars at home (especially Porsche).  Anyway, his daughter (our niece) would often see him sanding on cars.  One day she wandered into the garage and wanting to imitate her daddy she picked up a piece of 60 grit sandpaper and started to sand a freshly painted/polished Porsche 911.  From that day forward, her dad learned to put away all his tools and especially the sandpaper.  My niece is now a beautiful young lady who loves nice cars.

Ecode70D

Beautiful car and beautiful baby.   It looks to me that she is putting in her claim for that car.

clusterbuster

That is a nice looking 57 and cute little girl. That also reminds me that back 1n 1967 my wife's sister's husband had me fix up and repaint his 1937 Ford pickup.I shot it Holley Green with straight enamel. It turned out real nice and the day after my one year old daughter came into the garage and spotted a piece of 40 grit sandpaper on the floor. She picked it up and walked over to the right front fender, and before I could stop her, put the sandpaper to the fender and began to move her hand. She said  "I sand it Daddy"
I about had a heart attack. Luckily it didn't put a mark on the fender. Daughter is now 50 years old.

clusterbuster

Correction- that happened in 1966.

Limey57

It's always good when you can get kids/grandkids into the garage, nowadays it seems that the only thing they're interested in is what's on their phone/computer.....  Tried to get my daughter interested several times, but to her the garage is just a place of dirty old cars!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

BWhitmore

Auto shop should be mandatory for ALL high school students.

djfordmanjack

lovely picture and great stories everybody!!!
my 9 year old boy is just about getting ready for the shop. He doesn't care for cellphones and computers. To him that's just plastic junk. I wonder where he got that from ??? :003:
this winter he's gonna help building his first V8 engine.