News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 300

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2016-10-27 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Well... Have not been around of late..... Work is so busy, which is good  and now our daughter is leaving for University soon,,,, so that is now on our plate.
Bigger news is our home is up for sale and it's time to downsize...Selling your home and all its requirements are a REAL pain in the Butt.
I can't believe we have that much stuff.
The only thing I have done on the 57 is new McVeigh springs and a New big front HD sway bar..... I had plans of getting so much more done but..showing a home takes a ton of time.
The Housing market has cooled off as compared to the red hot sales of last year(Go figure!..I am always a dollar short and a day late!)But saying that... the market still has not dropped off in housing prices..... but interest rates are climbing.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

gasman826

good luck with that...major undertaking...but also quite the adventure

downsizing usually means larger garage!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2018-04-07 07:35
downsizing usually means larger garage!

When my wife comments that the garage is bigger then the house I always respond "As well it should be" which always gets an unrepeatable comment... :<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Jeff, I wish you luck, we just got done with our down sizing move. I started getting ride of stuff 3 years ago when we desided this was going to happen. After you live in one place for 40+ years you gather up a lot of stuff, esp. car parts, I took stuff to swap meets sold lots, JOV from Canada came down twice and took a bunch, the crusher got a very large part. gasman is right, it's quit a adventure, one I don't ever want to do again.  My new shop and garage is ok but not near big enough, so am still selling down. Not fun but had to be done.   Take care, Alvin

Jeff Norwell

Thanks guys.
We have been looking from one end of the Province to the other(big Province) I found a place in the area of where I grew up...Ottawa/Brockville near the St. Lawrence Seaway... it had a fully done 6000+ Square ft shop!!!....But my better half wasn't fond of the home.
Nixed---dang

We are focusing on selling right now and the house has had a lot of action.....

Yea..I am not worried about the house contents.. but my shop is another story...I have a 24x18 shed that is Packed with car stuff and my shop is filled too.5 cars and parts are going to be a lot...... I really don't look forward to this.
But our present property is very large, and we don't need a 5 bedroom house....
When we moved to this home.. the city was a distant memory....but the "town" next to us has grown to 4x the size since we got here and the big city is knocking at our doorstep....Just too many people and we gotta go.... back deeper in the country.
I knew this day would happen.

ha ha ha

gasman826

sea box time

Jeff Norwell

Well. our home has sold.... and a new home has been found.. in a very small town or village.. now the packing has begun.... Lots of work.... we move in mid July.
I have had very little time to work on the driving 57 at the moment as my shop is pretty much all packed up... but I did mange to get the new sway bar in over the winter and finally install the McViegh spring set up.
Went for a test run last weekend..... world of difference!
The wagon 6 spring set up sure beats out 50-60 year old stock springs!.... gave the car a better attitude and drives much better.... ride has improved by 100%
The sway bar is what really surprised me.. the stock 7/8 factory bar sure pales to the 1-1/8 sway bar I bought from Larry's T-bird... Not only can the car handle much better in a twisty road condition..... the steering itself has seemed to great improve with very little wander at any driving speed.
So the old warrior seems to be improving...... I am happy and I love the new attitude and stance.

RICH MUISE

The car is looking great, and the sway bar and 6 leaf springs I certainly agree make a world of difference. Are you still running stock spindles in the front? I ask because it looks a bit higher than mine in the front, but the rake itself looks like you may have the dropped spindles. I love the rake yours has, and mine had, but I was having some handling issues when turning a curve downhill..........backend seemed to float. That was surprisingly solved/eliminated by adding 1" lowering blocks in the back. :canada:
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Just awesome looking  :notworthy:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Thanks Jim!

Rich,Stock front spindles.... The rake is helped greatly with a 195-14 front tire and a 235-15 rear...... I have thought about a rear sway bar...but I just can't do it from a visual stand point....Saying that i have no issues with swift corners and big dives as before with a stock front sway bar.I even feel the drivability has improved..... no vibrations thru the car or anything.The ride is much much firmer but not harsh... going over ruff road patches has disappeared with this new spring set up.
I guess I wanted to sort all the drive line and mechanical issues out before attacking any cosmetic body fixes......I DETEST bodywork.... And Thanks as well Rich!

hiball3985

Jeff, I put the rear on mine, I don't understand the visual concern? You can't even see it unlike the front one..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Jim..I was a t a local show last year and spotted a Fairlane with one on the back.. it hung very low..saying that. the gentleman could have installed it wrong..I just did not like the long bar that hung down when I saw it..... who knows....
Anyhow.... I have a few more mechanical issues i want to concentrate at this point.....nothing major....but the car is performing very well from when i first got it...
I like the fact I can trust it to really go anywhere and feel confident.I will research the rear sway bar further! :burnout:

hiball3985

Jeff, maybe we are talking about two different companies. Mine mounts above the axle, it's from Concourse and the same one Southwest T birds sell. I'm not really sure if you even need it with 6 leaf springs I just bit the bullet and went for both :003:.

It's good to feel like you can go anywhere, I've just been doing a lot of small 300 mile round trips on weekends.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Quite possible Jim....I never asked the man where his rear sway bar was from..I just passed by.

Jeff Norwell

The moving game...... well Half the shop is stacked and ready to be moved... This weekend will be ..busy.
My wife calls me a Hoarder...... I prefer "Recycler"...... :burnout: