News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The 4 eyed ugly younger sister....the 1959!

Started by Fabulous50s, 2020-07-02 19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

so...how long do they stay shiny before the driving makes them dull out?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fabulous50s

The exhaust tips? I've put about 500 miles on the car since I did it and no signs of discoloration or dulling.

I've used the same schedule 5, 2.3" 304L stainless pipe on a few exhaust systems and its held up extremely well.

I've had 2 cars rot away and I kept the exhaust that I built off them. These were winter beater 80s cars.
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

mustang6984

Okay...I plan on driving my Courier on a regular basis once I get it done...want an exhaust that holds up. I figure to pass Rich in miles put on after about two years or so. LOL!!! I put 60k on my truck one year after I bought it...July 30 '20 - July 30 '21... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Nice work, and a very pretty car. Like Hugh, I love the color combo. Dash looks great. I'm liking these 59s a lot more than I use to.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fabulous50s

Thank you Rich, I'm still waiting on the speaker cover plate to get painted at the body shop.

The PO had rattle canned the dash in place and it was in rough shape to say the least.
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

Rancher