News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Custom Trim Question?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2008-06-13 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I am considering buying a 1957 Ford Custom and could use some expert help.  I haven't seen the data plate or the car close up yet. The car looks to be a Custom 300 (70B) with the full length stainless trim.  I think the upper stainless trim and gold spear have been removed.  The stainless trim runs all the way down the side like a Custom 300, but there is no top trim or gold spear. The car looks original.  I did find a picture of a police car with the trim similar to this car. Did Ford ever make a 57 Custom with the full length stainless trim without the gold spear?  Thanks for your help!

Lou

The gold trim on the 300 and the Ranchero started as a option. In early 1957 (February or March) Ford increased the base price of all models and also made the gold trim standard on 300 but still a option on the Ranchero. However you could still order a 300 without the gold trim, of coarse very few people did.

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the help.  I'll look behind the fenders and see if the holes are there for the top trim pieces.  If the gold panel delete is standard to this car, should I leave it that way or just go with whatever works for me?

Zapato

do whatever works for you, there are no rules to this. and you only need to please yourself.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

As stated above it is your car and you can do what ever you want to it. BUT please do not put in a scrub (orange ) moter. Lou who answered above and some others will explain to you the end results when trying to sell your car if modified. But if you go slow and do not cut the car up (like making a Custom 300 Conv.) the value will still be there. The end result do what ever floats your boat.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

I liked the gold trim years ago and even installed it on my Ranchero. That was in
the early 70's for me. Then when I redid it he mid 80's weld up the holes and
went back to single stainless. You can change your mind if you like :004:
Do what you like!
Ron :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the input.  I just sold a Shelby clone and have had enough of resto-mods for a while.  I haven't found a car yet, but I have a few in my sites.   It's very hard to find one that hasn't had a motor transplant, suspension mod, interior swap or some other kind of major change.   I just want to hear the sound of that 292 cranking up again and drive down the street shifting the gears!!  Just hope I don't blow out 2nd like I always did in high school.  Oh well, at least I should be able to drive home in 3rd.... :001: