News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Complete Jack Assembly Needed

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2018-11-02 21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

Hi Guys,
  I looked at a really nice Custom two door today that's for sale (I'll probably be buying it) and like most cars, it's missing the complete jack assembly. All of the yards around here have been picked over. Unfortunately, I don't have any way of knowing what other years/models have the same components used by Ford in 1957.
  Does somebody have a nice assembly? It's no problem if it needs to be cosmetically restored, as long as it's fully functional. If not, I could put the assembly together one part at a time. What other years/models used each separate part? What have you got?
  OEM part numbers would be helpful. I know if I get this car I'll need to get the parts catalog.
  Please PM with condition and price. The parts will be shipped to Arizona, zip code 80532. 
  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Tom

terry_208

Perhaps this link my help but I don't know.  Th jack in the background kinda looks right?  https://boise.craigslist.org/pts/d/1950s-bumper-jacks/6737164129.html

Terry

thomasso

57 Jacks do not have the hook for a bumper slot.  The Ford parts book shows the correct pictures and numbers  of the four jacks which are correct for a 57.  Hard to find.  I found a nice correct one on E bay, cost me over 200 dollars.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

You sure know how to keep us entertained, Joe. lol
500 seems like a reasonable price for parts for such a rare model, and the seller obviously knows how rare it is. I wonder why the Fairlane 300 had a different jack than the rest of the models.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Lol, too funny. Amazing how your mind reads things; when I came across it, I saw Fairlane 500 jack for $ 300.

I REALLY NEED TO QUIT DRINKING
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

thomasso

That is not an original Ford jack.  Aftermarket, those can be found in pawn shops for 25 dollars.  Jack supplied with car probably depended on plant and supplier availability.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ecode70D

I must be out of touch.   How in the world can people come up with such crazy prices for junk like that?  Then they advertise it like they know what it fits, or just make it up.  Do people really buy this garbage?   

djfordmanjack

Jay, all of that is just shy of fraud. or is it ?
I usually spend quite some time on the internet looking for parts and come across this behavior frequently.
In my opinion, these people are fully aware of what the DON'T have, but still use every kind of wrong info to advertise their junk.
Probably somebody sometimes steps up and buys stuff for their collector cars, not knowing what he actually has. This is totally stupid with Porsche, VW and that kind of collector cars. if it has only remotely to do with it, they will advertise. for example, if it is a German glass ashtray from the 1950s, they will add, Porsche, 300SL and the like words....you get the picture. I think this is fraudulent in many cases.

with Fords we frequently observe the 55-56-57-58-59 pattern year fitment stated in online auctions
Everybody that is dedicated to 57 Fords knows how few parts are actually interchangable with a 55 or a 59. A lot of wrong information is presented on the internet and classifieds today.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2018-11-09 16:11
   I must be out of touch.   How in the world can people come up with such crazy prices for junk like that?  Then they advertise it like they know what it fits, or just make it up.  Do people really buy this garbage?
Like W C Fields use to say: " Never give a sucker and even break"
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lou

P.T. Barmun said it first.

Tom S

Quote from: Lou on 2018-11-10 14:31P.T. Barmun said it first.

Nope. Also no evidence that he actually said "There's a sucker born every minute".