News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Interior

Started by glenmichael, 2017-11-14 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

There were actually (2) heater designs available, a factory installed "fresh air" heater and a dealer installed recirculating type. The controls on the dash were completely different for both. The dealer installed heater used only the lower firewall opening while the factory one used the upper and lower openings. That means there was an upper "delete" plate and a lower "delete" plate on the firewall. My Custom has a factory fresh air heater, my Business Sedan has a dealer installed unit.
Lynn

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, A friend recommended the product Super Shield Insulation, from Trade Winds. Both sides foil with a plastic type foam center, 1/4" thick , installed with contact cement. I used a 4" roller to smooth the barrier to the roof. Inexpensive, lite weight, easy to work with, time will tell.. Not sure how it will work under the carpet, my friend said it made a big improvement. I also sealed it with foil tape.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, The interior metal is patched and painted, started the heat/sound barrier and the carpet arrived. Just wanted to share a picture I'm excited, the project continues. I purchased the carpet and floor mats from Auto Custom Carpets, Inc. made in Alabama.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone,  Looking to lay a little carpet today, if I'm successful, has anyone purchased a pair of scuff plates lately? I just started looking, thanks for the input..

RICH MUISE

I got mine at www.classicautoparts.com in OKC. Not recent though, but I know they still carry them.  I'm thinking remembering seeing them shrinkwrapped on a yellow backing board, which would be Dale's Mfg......same owner as  Classic Auto Parts. Pretty sure Dennis Carpenter carries them as well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, The scuff plates I ordered from Dennis Carpenter arrived ( they look real nice ) along with the kick panels. I ordered the panels to get thinking about that area only to learn, I'm missing the kick panel retainer part. I have not found a picture or any information about these pieces. I've looked through the pages here, which is where I learned of the part, are these parts reproduced? Every step I take I learn something new, Thanks for Helping..

RICH MUISE

Not being reproduced, and may be difficult to find as they are often rusted out due to the cowl drain problem. Maybe Roger in Kansas? see the salvage yard listings. I never used the good pair I had, passed them along years ago.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

take two rusted sets, cut and weld

There is a Randy guy on Facebook offering up several rust-free sets.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, About the kick panel retainer part, I spoke to Roger in Kansas sounds like he can send me the pieces.. Thanks for the tip RICH.. The project continues..

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Started to install the new windlace per assembly manual wondering how these clips will work over time? Just want to Thank all who use this site, reading in the pages here about the stock windlace clips has just saved me, off to buy backing material..Thanks for shareing your experience..

glenmichael

Just wanted to update on my interior part of my 57, Roger in Kansas sent me the kick panel retainer piece I needed, a little TLC then off to paint.. Good used part for a very fair price.