News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Panhard bar??

Started by 48flyer, 2018-02-06 18:03

Previous topic - Next topic

48flyer

Is there anyone who makes a bolt in panhard bar for the rear end on a 57 Custom?
I have wide tires and hoping to keep the side-to-side movement of the differential to a minimum.
Thanks

59meteor

If you are still running stock type leaf springs, I don`t think you should need a rear panhard bar added, other than very monor flex in the rubber leaf spring bushings, there should be no noticable side to side movement. In fact, I would think a panhard bar would accomplish nothing, other than cause the rearend to experiance  binding up as it tries to force the rear axle to one side or the other, as the rear leaf springs want to go straight up & down, while a panhard bar works in an arc.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.