News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fort Worth Goodguys show.........and beyond

Started by RICH MUISE, 2018-03-05 21:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Anybody besides me going?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

RICH MUISE

It's this weekend...9 thru 11th. You've got time to pack up and go visit your son! There should be upwards of 2000 cars there, maybe more since they've opened it up to 1987 or older.  :(   It's gonna be in the 70's there this weekend.
I finally got to work on my '57 for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Got a lot of maintenance stuff done I'd been putting off, and lots of small projects.
I'll be there Saturday for sure, maybe Friday if I figure I can afford two nights out. I'm planning on a lot of car shows this year, and lots of roadtrips. I've found out about some awesome car shows I'd never heard of in New Mexico and Arizona, as well as some of my favorites from past years. The Goodguys is kicking the show season off for me....as well as an 800 mile road trip........yahoo!
Later I'll post links to some of the shows I'm planning on...........mostly up in the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico

RICH MUISE

Pine Top, Arizona cruise and show...near Show Low, Arizona. Click on "past shows" for pics.
http://www.runtothepinesaz.com/event-info/

and one in Ruidoso, New Mexico at Inn of the Mountain Gods. This show, hard to believe, is put on by an El Paso car club!
https://www.facebook.com/Run-to-the-Inn-of-The-Mountain-Gods-230705947356310/

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-03-06 08:27
It's this weekend...9 thru 11th. You've got time to pack up and go visit your son! There should be upwards of 2000 cars there, maybe more since they've opened it up to 1987 or older.  :(   It's gonna be in the 70's there this weekend.
I finally got to work on my '57 for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Got a lot of maintenance stuff done I'd been putting off, and lots of small projects.
I'll be there Saturday for sure, maybe Friday if I figure I can afford two nights out. I'm planning on a lot of car shows this year, and lots of roadtrips. I've found out about some awesome car shows I'd never heard of in New Mexico and Arizona, as well as some of my favorites from past years. The Goodguys is kicking the show season off for me....as well as an 800 mile road trip........yahoo!
Later I'll post links to some of the shows I'm planning on...........mostly up in the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico

Rich, I will not be there. I'll be in Louisville at the indoor swap meet here.
John

RICH MUISE

Good luck at the swap meet. I love that stuff is starting to happen, particularly since I was limited as to how much I could do last year with the new house. Here's a link to another show I'm planning on. This one is one of 3 or 4 I'd like to do in Colorado. July i5 in Green Mountain Falls, just west of Colorado Springs.
https://www.thinairnats.com/

RICH MUISE

Got back from Fort Worth last night, with some extra driving I did, this trip was 909 miles, so the good news is of course, I did get back! My odometer turned past the 15K mark on the way home. Ran like a top the whole way.
The weather and show were great, looked bigger than the last one I did there that had 2300 cars. This one had even fewer '57-59 Fords than the past shows. Mine was the ONLY 57 there Friday, and only one other showed up Saturday. There were no 58's, and two 59's.
Probably 300 or more tri five Chevies. I was getting a constant flow of compliments on my car, I think guys just like seeing something different.
The other '57 that was there Saturday was for sale and owned by a guy named Mark who told me he just joined the forum a week or so ago, and had placed an ad for the car in the classifieds. I couldn't find it, possibly he was talking about a different forum? Facebook? Anyway, he has a 4 dr Fairlane sedan survivor with only 27k(?) miles. Still had clear plastic seat covers over the upholstery. I think a 312, and was the brown usually seen paired with the yellow, but his was not two toned. Motor sounded great.