News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-03-19 16:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2018-07-05 06:44
I know I am in the Minority..But I love the dual quads... the whole car is a mild Custom.... love it.

Thanks Jeff...it's growing on me, but I got a feeling it's not gonna take.  :002:

That said, love your work.(do you have a album of your work? I know I've seen some of your stuff on the HAMB) this one is my favorite:

...and a close second:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

So I decided to make a change to the '57 this week; I was getting some pulsing under low acceleration with the original "true" duals:

I figured I would weld in a x-pipe to see if it would help and much to my surprise it made a difference. It really cut down on the low end pulsing that almost sounded like a skip until after about 1500 rpm's.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

djfordmanjack

Joe, the X pipe plus welding looks great, but that undercarriage is what gets me stunned. ok - quite some undercoating present, but from what I see its all og rear floors and inner rockers and floor supports if not even outer rockers as well. I think I can see the factory drains. nice !
Loving the oem muffler heat insulation plates, 9" and og stepped driveshaft still in place. Clean and non butchered trans crossmember. This is how you want a 57.

CobraJoe

Thanks Gunther that's why I bought her, she really wasn't molested.  ,(sorry about the lack of an umlaut on your name, but every time I type it, it changes to a question mark when I post it?)

Here are some more pics:

djfordmanjack

Thx for the additional pics. Great to see an unmolested car like this. solid rear inner quarters as well, nice body supports and body mounts rubber parts. solid frame welds. That front radiator core support is so nice. usually these are dented or torn from abuse. clean Fordomatic and what seems to be the og plug in the spare wheel well. You got to love those details!

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-01-19 07:31..... I'll look, but I don't think I ever put one together for the "member's rides". We haven't done a very good job here of having a good picture section for member's rides.

After reading Rich's comment in the "Remanufactured Y-Block for my car" thread on how we haven't done a good job on the "member's rides" thread, I realized he was right and decided to update mine.

I always hated my quad light conversion and bought the car because of the rear roll pan/bumper mod, al the while knowing I would change it back some day.
First thing i did was get rid of the Tube grill:

CobraJoe

Then I cut out the quads and welded in a set of original headlight doors which I had purchased from JPotter. He came through with an original set, purchased in 1973, for a reasonable price:

CobraJoe

The end resulult:

At least the filler panel was still bolted together and in good shape:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

My other rides: