News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater Control Delete Panel

Started by lalessi1, 2018-04-10 16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a dash board plate for a car with no heater. I know they were reproduced by somebody but I don't know who.
Lynn
Lynn

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

lalessi1

That is who I was looking for, thanks. If anybody has a decent original one I am still interested. Anybody had any experience with these repops?
Lynn

glenmichael

That piece from redvenomrepros is on my list to order, I'm on hold wondering how I will match the new with the old ? On my car I'd like to keep the radio and clock.

lalessi1

I ordered one and my plan is to send it out for chrome plating if I don't find an original one...I will let you know what I think.
Lynn

Frankenstein57

I think I have one, might go in the shop later, snowstorm today, UGH

glenmichael

lalessi1, Have you received the redvenomrepros made heater dash delete plate? I'm close to ordering one, was wondering if you have one will an oil and water temp gauge fit? I think what I will need is two 2 1/16 holes. Thanks Glen

lalessi1

Yes I did and I have an extra one. I sent the first one to have it vacuum metalized, ("chrome plated"), the stuff didn't stick on. I sent the second one to Paul's Chrome Plating, they do actually chrome plate plastic. The part is still up there. I measured the one I have, it is
2 1/4" x 5 5/16". You MIGHT be able to put two holes in it... I also have 2 gauges. PM me if you want the plate and the gauges.
Lynn

glenmichael

glenmichael

Maybe the 1.5 inch gauge would be a better fit? Has anyone used the smaller gauge? 1.5 inch vs the 2 1/6 inch size?

gasman826

I used a 1-1/2" electric fuel pressure gauge (PIC) in the modified Thunderbird dash for the '57 Custom.  Since I didn't use the OEM ignition switch, the bezel was bored fit the gauge.  Fuel pressure isn't monitored that much so small and out-of-the-way didn't matter.

glenmichael

hello Gary, would you say the 1.5 inch gauges are as good/ accurate as the larger gauges I'd like to place the two gauges in the heater dash plate

gasman826

These are AutoMeter full sweep gauges. The smaller the gauge, the smaller the scale (distance between the numbers).  So not only are they small for old eyes but the numbers are closer together.  The fuel pressure gauge is electric and uses the same sender used on the larger pressure gauges.  The electric fuel pressure gauge reads the same as the mechanical fuel pressure gauge at the regulator.  The style choices for 1-1/2" gauges is very limited.

glenmichael

Just a photo of the progress, never would have guessed this interior project would involve so many parts and directions. Thanks for the Delete plate Lynn, a little finish and the project continues..

CobraJoe

Not sure if it's something you're interested in, but my chrome plastic radio plate in mine didn't match so I misted some flat black on it and then put a very small amount of thinner on a rag and lightly wiped it. It definitely matches much better now.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane