News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Courier Sedan Delivery

Started by scottymac, 2018-06-02 21:30

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymac

whoops, wrong pic, here's the floor.
That last one was the starting of smoothing the firewall

RICH MUISE

The pic I need, if the engine is out, would be taken from the passenger side behind the tire, with the camera close to or sitting on the frame. It would be aimed at John's bracket for the Heim swivel support mounted on top of the driver's side frame. It would show the angles of the steering column and double D (?) shafting,and  the double joint connected to the rack. If you don't already have the pic, and your engine is currently installed, you won't be able to take the pic. Thanks for asking for the clarification.
Pretty much the same as what you posted, except from the passenger side and maybe from a lower vantage point.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Okay...95 pounds does seem like a good bet for those heavy gates. Thanks!You are much further along than I am. I have been splitting time between 2 states for the last year...not much getting done.  :-\

On another note...I see you have completely sealed up the firewall where the heater hoses came out. Plans? I have been thinking of a Vintage Air set up for mine...is that where you're going there?

I like what I have seen so far...looking good!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

scottymac

Yes vintage air for sure. I have a lot more work on firewall but when done they make a little 4 port manifold that passes thru the firewall. Looks clean when done

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

scottymac

This is just loosly mocked up. Do these help Rich?

scottymac

Hiball, here's the mock up pic u referred to. It's just a ball park representation but Harley Shop truck is the theme. That Custom 300 trim is proving to be tough,
the hockey stick stainless won't make the cut and neither will the Chevy hubcaps!

RICH MUISE

Just what I was looking for, Scotty, Thanks for the pics. When I get my engine out, and the rack put back in temporarily, I'll have something to compare to.  don't know what I was thinking when I installed mine, but I shortened the heims support bracket trying to improve the angle, but I do think I made it worse, not better.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: scottymac on 2019-03-30 10:28
Hiball, here's the mock up pic u referred to. It's just a ball park representation but Harley Shop truck is the theme. That Custom 300 trim is proving to be tough,
the hockey stick stainless won't make the cut and neither will the Chevy hubcaps!
I agree, I'm not a fan of hockey sticks or Chevy caps, Thanks, other then that I like it. The Indian on yours reminds be of the movie Worlds Fasted Indian  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

In post 18, you mention Vintage Air and using a four port bulkhead connector.  I used one on one install (PIC) and just finished an install without.  I thought the bulkhead piece was cool but rethought using the piece on the second go around.  The bulkhead is expensive plus eight fittings!  Plus eight potential leaks.  On the second install I used the U-Bend tubes and eliminated the bulkhead and four fittings.  At nearly $50 for one Aeroquip AC fitting...

scottymac

Nice Gasman! Have you run that stacked injection system yet???? Looks like the one I purchased

mustang6984

Hey hiball...have you checked your messages through here lately? I sent you one a week or so back.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Quote from: gasman826 on 2019-03-30 20:20
In post 18, you mention Vintage Air and using a four port bulkhead connector.  I used one on one install (PIC) and just finished an install without.  I thought the bulkhead piece was cool but rethought using the piece on the second go around.  The bulkhead is expensive plus eight fittings!  Plus eight potential leaks.  On the second install I used the U-Bend tubes and eliminated the bulkhead and four fittings.  At nearly $50 for one Aeroquip AC fitting...
Gary, I like the way you did the AC lines.............. what is the source for the "U Bend Tubes"?
Thanks
John

gasman826

Vintage Air and other vendors have tubes.

Inglese intake and throttle bodies and FAST electronics.  Never run...still in upholstery jail.

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-03-31 00:19
Hey hiball...have you checked your messages through here lately? I sent you one a week or so back.
I haven't had any messages box is empty?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang