News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Is that country code an A, what country? I've seen extreme rust, this is one of the worst.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

djfordmanjack

A stands for Austria.  :002:

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

Model T Binford ND

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Dave..you know what sucks about pics like this? We see these beautiful cars, with beauty babes...and then we realize...those beauty babes...are in their late 70's to early 80's today. Makes us who were around when these pics were taken feel old!  :-\
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

From a member on the HAMB:

"Charlie Ryan, who recorded the rockabilly song "Hot Rod Lincoln" in 1955 was born on Dec. 19 in 1915. The song, a snapshot of the Western hot rod scene, was released later in 1957. I took this photo in 1973 in front of the Fox Theater in Missoula. Charlie had been hired for the opening of the film "American Graffiti" there. Apologetically, he told me his wheels had been stolen the night before and he had to borrow the set seen here to make the appearance. The red rod pictured is far more ratty and real than the version later sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction for a reported $97,000 and seems to be the original Model A body on a Lincoln chassis ("looks like a pup"). The Lincoln bumperettes appear not joined at this time. Mr. Ryan departed for that great hot rod race in the sky in 2008, but left us with a inspiring historical poem."

djfordmanjack

1964 Ford Aurora concept wagon. what an incredible piece of art !

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-01-06 13:45
A stands for Austria.  :002:

Holy Moly !!!!!!! I thought North East Rot was Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hemidave

'57 AD
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

New 1968 Torinos and Cyclone bodies in white await transformation into Grand National Racers for @ Holman & Moody 1967

mustang6984

SWEET! Wonder what one of those would be worth today had it survived all these years?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

1st pic: Robert Sheldon (left) and two passengers in a Model T Ford somewhere along the Valdez-Fairbanks Trail in 1913.
This was the first car to travel the the Valdez-Fairbanks Trail.
The old Valdez Trail is now the Richardson Highway, a paved, generally two-lane, 366-mile artery from Valdez to Fairbanks through the heart of Alaska.

"With his father Robert Sheldon arrived in Skagway as a teenager in 1897 and stayed after his father died. By 1903 he was an engineer with the local power company and smitten with a young lady. Seeking to impress her & with nothing more than magazine pictures to guide him Sheldon built Alaska?s first car from materials he scavenged around town.
He located four buggy wheels and built a frame over them. He then salvaged an old marine engine, put some gears on it and made a chain drive. The car could carry two passengers at the dizzying speed of 15 miles an hour."

2nd pic, the 'Richardson Hwy' 1923

Tom S

"Robert 'Bobby' Sheldon drove in the first organized car race in Fairbanks, held on July 5, 1917. The rules required that the cars be stripped down and carry both a driver and mechanic. Sheldon won that race and the $500 prize in a Model T Ford. That was a lot of money at the time--more than the factory price of a new Model T."

mustang6984

So...the question here is...did young Master Sheldon get the girl?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker