News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Cammer time!

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

The Mustang E must have been designed for the pot head brain washed tree huggers who are taking over the west coast so they may sell really well  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

One of the "money" sites has reported all the planned production is sold.  It is truly "fugly" and has a 300 mile range?  What planet do these folks live on?  Guess they have never been to N. or S. Dakota, Montana, Wyoming or Nebraska where driving 100 miles one way is just a hop to the local restaurant for an evening meal?

Never mind that, how do the snow flakes justify using more energy to produce a vehicle then it will save over the first five years of it's life.  Then we have that nasty little unanswered question of disposing of the dead batteries that have an average life expectancy of seven years.

Just my un-politically correct opinion......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Exactly! What if I want to drive from LA to the Grand Canyon, is there going to be a charging station or do I carry a 300 ft extension cord to run from my hotel room to the parking lot  :003:
I guess you will be stuck in town unless they are going to have charging stations every 300 miles all across the country.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

SPOT ON
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-01-15 06:12
The Mustang E must have been designed for the pot head brain washed tree huggers who are taking over the west coast so they may sell really well  :005:

A piddly 300 miles? Put this into perspective. I live in Port Angeles WA at this time...(on my way out of there though to live in Missouri). From my house to the center of Olympia WA., my former city of residence, is 120 miles. BUT...that is a road of up and down mountain roads, speed changes of as much as 30 miles per hour, from 35 to 55 and in the last stretch even up to 60 MPH although in that stretch doing 60 can get you run over by those doing much more. (I have paced some clowns doing up to 75 or 80)
So once arriving in town if you wish to go anywhere racking up another 30 miles is not hard to do. By the time you head home, you will be lucky to traverse that path home without losing your ability to do so due to a discharged car.
The trip down and/or back takes 2 hours and 20 to 30 minutes each way, and is not going to allow you to depend on that 300 mile figure due to those road conditions.
As for charging stations...there are a few in Olympia/Lacey/Tumwater area But you are then anchored to a place you didn't really want to be for some time to just recharge the battery enough to wander around town and then drive back. So in addition to a 5 hour drive, and what ever time you planned on spending with friends or shopping or sight-seeing or what ever...you get to WASTE time goosing your car enough that you can get back to Port Angeles. Inefficiency at it's best.

AND then there is indeed the FACT that cost of building, and the damage done to the environment by creating the batteries is a negating factor in that they do not "save" diddly squat. The waste created by building the batteries has to be disposed of, and the batteries themselves will are a colossal PITA to properly disassemble and dispose of.
Bottom line...the rush toward electric cars is premature, expensive and foolhardy. But because it is a popular trend amongst the "progressive" snowflake crowd...we will continue to see them...whether they are sensible or not. Forget that well over 95% of cars on the rod today (including diesel trucks for long haul) are so much cleaner today that the skies in places like L.A. and Portland Oregon which used to have skies so full of smog you could plant trees in the dirt above those cities are now clean...while hosting even MORE cars than they did back in those smoggy days. (remember smog alerts in the late 60's and mid 70's?)

Worse than all of that though...is the BASTARDIZING of the Mustang name to place it on this stupid car. That...is just plain rude, annoying and moronic.

JMHO!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Holman and Moody transformed a Falcon Competition Coupe adding an unusual fastback roof.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Nice and subtle work. I always loved those early Falcons.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

thomasso

Electric cars.  How are we recovering road tax from them?  I'm paying 37 cents a gallon just in state taxes.  Are they using our roads for free?
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

mustang6984

Quote from: thomasso on 2020-01-15 21:05
Electric cars.  How are we recovering road tax from them?  I'm paying 37 cents a gallon just in state taxes.  Are they using our roads for free?

Only .37 cents? Dang! Washington it is nearly double that, and it expect it to go up again soon. In the land of fruits and nuts they are also almost double that.
As for how to recover the road use from those things...we don't. And that is just WRONG! I would be all for making them pay extra for their license fees...an amount equal to say 15000 miles per year at 22 mpg. Figure the tax based on the current gas tax, and add it to their license tab renewal fee. Probably still a heck of a deal for them, but it would sure be more than they pay  now!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Swank

Im thinking we'll eventually be tracked by some sort of mandated GPS, and then taxed on a mileage basis.  Which in turn, could put some of our "non-connected" cars in a vicarious position.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-01-14 08:08
Maybe you missed the link I posted on the bottom of original post. it is in English and has lots more info and detail pics.

I too think the lines work great and it is an awesome sporty wgn.

http://bzerob.com/garage/mustang65/mustang65-odd-countrywagon.html ...
I remember seeing a magazine article some pix & in the 1970s of an early Mustang that had been converted to a wagon.  It may even have been the cover pic.  As I recall it was an American built custom, was that maroon color that some of those Mustangs had & was very well done. I think the roof extended all the way to the rear & looked better than those Dutch ones. A real beauty. Ford should have built them.  I may still have that magazine, wonder if I can find it.

hemidave

SPEED SHOP
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-01-15 06:12
Hey, I like trees! Among other things the spruce trees do keep my many old 'junk cars' hidden from the neighbors & the street all year long.  :003:
Electric cars? Nope, not much.
And a big fat NO on those self driving cars.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane