News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

Good to see you back Joe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

FiveSevenLiter

BEAUTY
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

John Palmer

Joe, Thanks for your time in posting the photos.  I always look and enjoy.

John

djfordmanjack

Joe, please forgive my ignorant question, but what are the aluminium cases on the lower rear of that GT 40 ( if it is a GT40, or is it an earlier designation model ) Is this a oil dry sump tank or what ?

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-08-25 07:34

CobraJoe

DJ, they were suitcase holders which were were required by the FIA rules; just like the bubble in the rear deck lid on the 289 FIA Cobra (see pic below) so a suitcase would fit in. Race cars at the 24hr Lemans were/are required to have provisions for luggage. Those were deemed big enough for a pair of suitcases, although their placement meant you probably didn't want to put anything in there that could melt?

"Jim Rose, long time chassis man at Holman & Moody, assisted in making other period mods, including the FIA-mandated aluminum suit case boxes to the left and right side of the exhaust headers..."

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

Thx for explaining this incredible detail Joe....suitcases in a GT...what a crazy rule....but makes sense if you kind of think in the rule makers idea of those car being street legal.

Obviously we can easily jump right into the next detail, what about the fresh air scoops UNDER the front of the MkII pictured above. I am guessing fresh air feeds to the front disc brakes ?