News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

That looks like it's a long way up to be from a flood!
So after seeing Joe's post & just out of curiosity I looked up 'Ford Falcon in a tree'.
Turns out that the flood thing is only from the poem here.
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4382551/a-falcon-in-a-tree-and-the-flying-rats/
Quote at the bottom of the story:
"We like Bob's poem. But from what we heard the Falcon had been 12 metres up the gum tree since 1985.
Apparently it's on a property near Muckleford South in central Victoria.
Property owner Eddie Ford used a crane to wedge the old car into the tree, as part of a publicity stunt for a book he was publishing."

Sheeh! With the last name of Ford you'd think ol' Eddie would have put one of them brand X 'C-word' things in the tree.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Tom
  You did good.  Now we know .

Ford Blue blood

How have we managed to go on without this?   :003:  Really cool, have seen pictures of it over the years but never gave it a thought.  Good to know!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

Shoulda been a Studebaker Hawk!
Lynn

Tom S

Uhoh! Look at this pic!. Something sent this phishing scam mail.  Probably too late now but I hope nobody clicked on that http 69 89 17 14 link.
That's not part the normal link that we get with these reply notifications.
Hope Joe, Bill, or anyone else here didn't get some virus on his computer or have their personal info or their email compromised.
Something that saved me years ago is the Malwarebytes program. I somehow got into I got into something that really screwed up my computer & Malwarebytes got rid of it & keeps crap off of the 'puter before it can even get in. I got their premium program & I highly recommend it.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Ford Blue blood

Not sure where it came from....I'm on my sister's computer.  Never got anything bad from her or the brother-in-law from this machine.  I use PCMatic on mine.  Like it because they have a "white list" for "OK" web sites and links.  Every time something try's to get in a big ol warning pops up.  Not sure what he has here, he's a puter geek so I expect this machine is safe.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2018-10-12 14:38
Not sure where it came from....I'm on my sister's computer.  Never got anything bad from her or the brother-in-law from this machine.  I use PCMatic on mine.  Like it because they have a "white list" for "OK" web sites and links.  Every time something try's to get in a big ol warning pops up.  Not sure what he has here, he's a puter geek so I expect this machine is safe.
Well, the notice just came in from your post here  & it still has that warning & that same odd link.  Sure looks like something's not right.

CobraJoe

I have no issues and use Norton.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-10-12 18:17I have no issues and use Norton.
I used Norton for years.  A few years ago my HP computer started giving me warning messages that the hard drive was about to die. Not knowing exactly how to transfer all the content I took the 'puter to a pro business to have them transfer all my stuff to a new hard drive & put it in my 'puter.  The older dude that ran the shop installed the free version of Avast on it. He claimed that Norton caused more problems by letting stuff get by that shouldn't.
Emm, ... ok.
It seems that with the way Malwarebytes works I could get by without Norton, Avast or any other programs like them.

I'm sorry, guys.  I really hate to clutter up this thread with this stuff but it seemed best to warn people of a possible problem.
Maybe Bill's 'puter geek' brother in law has put some settings on that machine that just makes the link read different when we get it & it's actually ok. 

hiball3985

Thanks Tom, better safe then sorry, I'll keep my eyes open..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

A Ford worker operating a state-of-the art multiple-spindle drill press on a flathead V-8 engine block in 1934.

djfordmanjack

Jay you really have taken this a step too far. I always thought you were a caretaker of old model 40s, only to find out now you cut one up just for racing ??? Now you will have to explain this !
:002: :003:

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-10-12 18:17

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

A pickup truck and what appears to be a sedan delivery; note the right-hand side-mount minus tire.

I know I'm going to hear $hit about the C%#*! pulling out the Ford....