News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Still not mine

Started by Swank, 2018-06-12 21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Swank

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

CobraJoe

I don't know, looking the ad, it reads like a possible scam.    :102:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Lou

Joe, what makes you think it's a scam?

CobraJoe

The language and grammar?

"Nice running car I have refreshing up everything on it that I can without changing you got new tires shocks exhaust system dual doubt lot of stuff on the floor all the front suspension be redone rear suspension I just so much stuff have been done on the car spent over 10 grand just on the mechanical stuff to get the car in Tip-Top driving Edition engine run super super good oil pressure everything is charging it is a numbers matching car still original the pain is Factory original car still looks nice got some imperfections was still nice car Interiors nice got some imperfection this is not a 40 $50,000 car so if you're interested and will consider possible trade on other project car and cash difference looking at Ford Chevy or Pontiac Dodge prior to 1974 can call me at 615 430 f o u r z e r o f o u r e i g h t "

1957 ford fairlane 500 292v8 automatics
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

I agree. Note also Little Rock,  ad, Tennessee plates. May mean nothing,  grammer may mean nothing, but I agree with Joe. To me it sounds more like a foreigner who learnt/ learning English than an illiterate. Obviously, lots of members here are foreigners, so that may mean nothing as well. Just doesn't read like a car guy's would.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-06-21 08:02
I agree. Note also Little Rock,  ad, Tennessee plates. May mean nothing,  grammer may mean nothing, but I agree with Joe. To me it sounds more like a foreigner who learnt/ learning English than an illiterate. Obviously, lots of members here are foreigners, so that may mean nothing as well. Just doesn't read like a car guy's would.

Google translator, my guess.

CobraJoe

Not sure how true it is, but I was told that spelling out numbers was a way around auto-banned phone numbers. 615 430 f o u r z e r o f o u r e i g h t "

RICH MUISE

I see lots of guys doing it. What I heard was it was to prevent robots from searching for phone numbers.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-06-21 15:12
I see lots of guys doing it. What I heard was it was to prevent robots from searching for phone numbers.

Okay, makes sense. I learned something today.

Lou

Joe, I've got to admit you have more than a few valid points.

CobraJoe

Lou, not sure if I'm right or wrong; we just need to be careful today and if we can make someone more aware of a situation that "could" potentially be a scam than it's all good. We work too hard for our money and these cars are becoming fewer and far between...