News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wilwood Front Discs Hose Question

Started by mammyjammer, 2018-07-01 22:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mammyjammer

I'm installing Wilwood front discs on the front of my 58 Fairlane. The hardline comes out in front of a-arms etc. , but the Wilwood calpers mount to the rear of spindle.
How did you guys with Wilwoods run the brake hoses?
Thanks

sprink88

Let's see if this works.  I had to get the line adapters
~Chris

sprink88

You can see where my old flex line is.  The new wildwood line attaches at the same clip
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Quote from: mammyjammer on 2018-07-01 22:11
The hardline comes out in front of a-arms etc. , but the Wilwood calpers mount to the rear of spindle.

Thanks
I'm a bit confused as usual..........Aren't your hardlines coming out behind the A-arms as Sprink shows? Mine were behind as in the pic, but I had to move mine to the front as that's where the Granada set up exits towards.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I guess his 58 is different if the hard lines are in front. Mine are in the rear like all other 57's and thats where the flex lines from my Granada disc goes.. Add me to the confused
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Add me to the confused group... Here us a pic of my brake hose, I used a 90 degree fitting at the caliper.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

So, Lynn............not to add to our confusion, but you're brake line was to the front also?
BTW, I moved mine to the front because it was easy to do when the car was disassembled. Probably would have use the 90* fitting like Lynn if it was not as accessible as it was, and I was making new hard lines anyway.

lalessi1

Yep, my bracket was there when I got the car but it had Torino spindles and discs so maybe it had been changed... it does look "factory" though.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I think the originals were riveted on (big rivet head), not sure how someone would do that after the frame pieces are welded together. I guess I'm saying if it's bolted or welded on, that would not be factory.

59meteor

I have not finished my Wilwood front disc brake conversion on my 59 yet, but my F brake hose tabs are behind the spindles. For F brake lines I have 18" braided lines, with a 90 degree fitting at the caliper end, and adapter fittings for the frame end, which convert from the AN hose end, to 3/16" inverted flare .
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Ranch

Yes I realize I'm late to the party, but maybe I can help the next guy with this question.
The 58 front hard lines did terminate in front of the 'A' arm and yes Wilwood calibers mount behind the spindle, but they recommend a long flex hose which seems like it would be extremely long but it's not. I routed mine to go between the spindle and spring just below the upper ball joint and loosely tied it it with a zip tie, I also used a 90* fitting at the caliper.

OEM flex line on a '58' Ranchero

I know the zip tie is not in the pic but the routing is the same