News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Where did this Parking Brake part mount?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-01-06 04:42

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I did not take my car apart, it came in boxes. So I need some help identifying some parts and where they were mounted. This looks like a part of the original Parking Brake system. Where was it mounted?
Thanks
John

lalessi1

John, see attachment, questions?
Lynn

RICH MUISE

As Lynn posted. The little ball on the end of the cable fits into the end of the parking brake handle/shaft (which you have replaced with the foot operated).
Don't lose that angled mounting bracket, as you can see it fits on the groove in the cable housing, keeping it from moving. The new replacement cables do NOT have that bracket, and would be a pain to make.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

I brightened and enlarged the original pic from lalessi1 , hope it helps:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

what Rich said ! I believe that the bracket is available by now, but it is better to have oem Ford. it appears that all of those clamp brackets are bent, and it seems they came that way from factory ? probably not worth straightening it, since the cable pull force will bend it back again.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-01-06 08:46
Don't lose that angled mounting bracket, as you can see it fits on the groove in the cable housing, keeping it from moving. The new replacement cables do NOT have that bracket, and would be a pain to make.

KYBlueOval

Thanks Joe, that made a big difference in printing the photo. And Thank you Rich and Lynn. It all makes sense now.