News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HydroBoost Plumbing Diagram.......is it correct?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-01-09 08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Would those of you that have installed a HydroBoost, please review this diagram I found on the internet. Is it correct in terms of the hose routing?
I'm using a HydroBoost from a 2003 Mustang,which I assume ( dangerous and could be costly word ) has the same  fitting specs as the 2004 referenced on this diagram. I'll check with a Ford dealer to verify if the 2003 & 2004 HydroBoosts share the same part number and fittings.
What can you tell me?
Thanks
John
P.S. I hope the attachment shows up!  The entire diagram is not copying correctly. I'll work on that

lalessi1

I think that is an internal link on your computer???
Lynn

KYBlueOval

Lynn, I think I fixed it.
BTW...........Thanks again for the Parking Brake photo. After sleeping on it, I do have a question. I understand where the cable bolts up at the firewall end of the Parking Brake Handle assembly.............where does the other clip ( one bolt ) mount, if you know? Seems to me, it would attach to the floor plan somewhere in line to the cross member fulcrum.
John

KYBlueOval

I'll try again. Can't see the entire diagram. Stay tuned!.

dgasman

Yes that is the correct plumbing diagram for your hydro booster
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

I believe that is correct, but I will check it against my (2002(?) Mustang hydroboost) installation later this evening. Right now I've got my hands full with the wife I just got home from the hospital. Before I forget, though, if you are installing rack and pinion with a Cavalier rack, be aware of the ports on the rack  as to which is low pressure and which is high. They are reversed from the Fords in regards to port SIZE.
Somewhere I read that a Tee or Y fitting for the two return lines was a problem, so I had a special ss reservoir made with two return ports on the tank. I also had him use a drain fitting that matched my oem pump suppy tube to keep that one a stock part number. Not sure why a Y or T would be a problem, I'm sure that was what Ford actually did for an oem setup, as shown in the diagram.
Also a reminder that www.purechoicemotorsports.com  makes banjo fittings and/or adapters to convert the MM fittings on the hydroboost to AN.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I just checked my setup and it is the same as the diagram except of course, mine are running to the cavalier rack, so fitting locations and sizes there are different as mentioned, so, in short, the feed from the PS pump is routed to the hydroboost fitting on the main casting(in), and the other high pressure (out)line off the boost's attached block feeds the rack/, the small fitting is the boost's return line. Banjo fittings are not available for the small fitting
That cannister on the boost unit is normally under high pressure, btw, and still may be..............do not remove!

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the confirmation on the plumbing and the tips on the necessary fittings.And the Warning!
I still have not been able to find a new rubber gasket that goes over the operating rod. I think I'll look up re-builders of HydroBoosters and see what they might have available.
Anyone out there have a HydroBooster re-builder they are pleased with?
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

I didn't know they had a boot, mine didn't have one on it when the yard pulled it from the donor car, so it obviously doesn't have one on it now. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to find something that would work if you really want one. Maybe a small shifter boot?? A lot of the later model cars had long boots on things like tie rods, cv joints, etc. That's what I used on my steering column......got one much longer than needed, just trimmed to the length I wanted. The thing to look for is a car that's already been pretty much disassembled so you can just cut/pull the boot off without spending lots of time disassembling a front end component to get to the boot. I think I put some caulking on the firewall to seal off air leaks before I installed the booster, or you could just cut a piece of rubber sheeting.