News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Not mine - "fairlane" 300

Started by Swank, 2019-03-06 13:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Swank

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Lou

Car is a Custom 300, there is no such model as a Fairlane 300.

fdlrc

Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

CobraJoe

Wording/grammar sounds like a scam.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

terry_208

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-03-20 20:18
Wording/grammar sounds like a scam.
That was my first thought.  To me, it sounds like it was posted by someone using their limited English.  That being said, many old people have lost much of their ability to write/spell.
Terry

Tom S

Quote from: terry_208 on 2019-03-20 21:59
....many old people have lost much of their ability to write/spell.
Hey! 
:002:

RICH MUISE

Hay, betta be carful Terry, lot of ol guyz hea.
I agree, sounds like an average someone with English as a second language, not very Guntheresk.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Quote from: terry_208 on 2019-03-20 21:59
That was my first thought.  To me, it sounds like it was posted by someone using their limited English.  That being said, many old people have lost much of their ability to write/spell.

I agree, but would they not know whether they owned a Fairlane or a 300?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I would think so, but I've talked to 57 owners who didn't know about the two platforms, and it sure gets confusing when you look at an old sales brochure like the one Gunther(?) posted last month that labeled some of the station wagons as Fairlane models. Apparently Ford was confused also.

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-03-21 00:01
Hay, betta be carful Terry, lot of ol guyz hea.
I agree, sounds like an average someone with English as a second language, not very Guntheresk.
Yes, I too fit into the ol guyz group.  I use spell check all the time!  I also thought perhaps a widow was selling her husbands car.   
Terry

RICH MUISE

or daughter. Looks to be a pretty solid car from the minimal pics posted.

djfordmanjack

nice car ! interesting, and decent price. ad sounds peculiar, but there are also non English native speakers. Spanish, French, Chinese, .....what you have. indeed today there are a lot of scam ads, but I doubt they would use a 57 ford. rather Corvettes, Mustangs, VW buses.... they would have to be very knowledgeable in collectible cars to chose a 4dr 57 ford Custom, and reasonably price it.

Swank

Good point, ...but that might be the genius of the scam.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)