News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I finally made it past the logon page.

Started by hhoffma5, 2019-04-09 23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

hhoffma5

Hello fellow 57 Ford enthusiasts.  I recently bought (six months ago) a 57 Ford Ranchero.  I found this site but even after registering, I could not get into the website as a member.  I finally found the page to get a new password and that did the trick.  I am looking forward to conversing with you all and giving and getting information to help with my build.  My Ranchero is original white (I think) over pink ( I know that isn't stock).  It looks like Elvis left the auditorium and left his ride also.  I bought it because the basic car was solid and the price was right.  It has a 351 Ford and what I think is a C4 tranny.  It is lowered with chrome reverse wheels, baby moons and fake lakes pipes.  Basically old school.  I have been buying parts from Carpenter, C & G and Steele to spruce it up and get it presentable.  I have to rebuild the Holley and put power brakes on it, it doesn't like to go from idle to speed and once there, the brakes are like Flintstones.  I was told it has disc's up front but the dual master doesn't seem to be up to the task.  Looking forward to going further that around the block.  A little about me, I am in SoCal, living alone since my wife died three years ago.  I am a Vietnam vet and belong to the local American Legion Post.  I also belong to the SCTA Gear Grinder club.  We do landspeed events at El Mirage Dry Lake and Bonneville.  I set a record at El Mirage a while back and was lucky enough to get into the 200 MPH club there.  Never made it into the Bonneville club, but we blew up many motors trying...??????????.The Silver Fox

wv 57s forever

Welcome , lots of info
here.   :burnout:

KYBlueOval

welcome aboard from a fellow Ranchero owner. Great guys here. Great information available.........just ask.

terry_208

Welcome from one vet  to another! As stated, there is a treasure trove of info/knowledge here. Best of all, great people but you already know that!
Terry

Cecil

As has been said, welcome aboard.  Where in Southern California are you? I live in Valley Center, just north of San Diego.
"I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you." - Brother Dave Gardner

Jeff Norwell

Welcome and thank you for your service.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Welcome aboard ! we would love to see pics of your ride. there are also Elvis fans over here. :002:

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site .    We like pictures, so let us see what your car looks like. It sounds real nice.  You will get lot of support here.
     Thank you for your service.  Nam was a horrible place. 

SkylinerRon

Are you sure it's not Coral Sand/Colonial White?  Code is ZE on the data plate.

Ron.

CobraJoe

Welcome aboard and looking forward to some pics!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,