News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

road trips and shows........where ya'll going?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2020-02-26 20:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Spades

Rich,,, I know better. Not sure where my mind was at that point. My older sister lives out 64 near El Prado basically around the block so to speak from the River Gorge and the Taos Mesa Brewery, lol.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Ford Blue blood

Looks like the rod run season is going to be really short this year!  No word yet from NSRA but with NASCAR, NHRA, MLB, NBA, PGA and all the rest cancelling or delaying major events I'm betting word is not too far out.

Guess the "car stuff" is going to be local and my group.  We are all in our 70s, is it worth the risk going toa large event?  Haven't given much thought to the self isolation thing, watching and waiting.  Going to hit the grocery this morning for my weekly run.  Will replenish all that was used and stock up for an extra week (I keep two weeks in the pantry normally).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

" Will replenish all that was used and stock up for an extra week"........good luck with that. I haven't heard of a confirmed virus within 350 miles of Amarillo....yet 2 Walmarts and Sam's had no paper products,canned beans, rice,etc.
With that said, took a short roadtrip into Oklahoma, with the '57 yesterday, 380 miles. Everything seemed pretty normal. tp in the rest stops, gas getting close to 1.80, 2.14 for the mid grade I use.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

I guess it all depends on where you grow up as to how much you keep in your pantry. My wife and I both grew up in very rural areas of South  and North Dakota and our parents all ways had enough food layed in to last at least 4 months.  even though we only live 5 miles from town we still do as we were taught and have enough food to last at least 4 months.  Our swap meets and car events are not large compared to where most of you live, but they have canceled 2 of the biggest swap meets and I see were they are already canceling a few shows.  so the car activites may be light here too. We will probably have small get togethers and poker runs to keep the oil hot and tires warm.  Take care, Alvin

Ford Blue blood

Yup, not a single paper product on the shelves, plenty of canned beans, no dry beans, rice and very little pasta.  No eggs, very few canned veggies, lots of frozen (which I always buy), not a single bottle of water? but plenty of beer!  Frozen pizza was empty, no wieners, no hot dog buns and just a few hamburger buns.  Kids home from school probable driving that.  I got the last pack of chicken breast, chicken for that matter.  No pork except a couple of racks of ribs but plenty of beef in all forms.  Fresh veggie and fruits were full. 

I'm going to have to guess there are an awful lot of people that are full of crap to feel the need to horde TP!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II