News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stock bench seat

Started by 57imposter, 2020-04-01 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-04-19 07:25
I installed the same rack setup in a 50 Chevy for a friend.  Used the kit supplied adapter, tie rod ends and bolts.  Used lock tight and lock washers on the bolts and tie rod ends per the instructions.  The adapter refused to stay tightened up.  It only took 1500 to 2000 miles for the steering to feel funny.  Never did figure it out, he did not trust the car and sold it.  Been a huge fan of Borgeson ever since!

Agreed! I couldn't be happier with the box and as a company they are as good as they come. The box I used had been sitting on a repair shop shelf for 10  years. It was defective. I sent it to Borgeson for repair and specifically told them it was not a warranty request. I was not the original purchaser and had no paperwork and the thing was 10 years old and an obsolete model. They called and said the box had been mis-machined and that they were going to send me a new current box at no charge. They even paid the shipping to get it to me. I would have been astounded if they had made me any kind of a deal on the replacement but they went way beyond that. You'll never hear a bad word about Borgeson, from me.