News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bozo Criminal of the Day!

Started by mustang6984, 2020-04-15 19:19

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

These strange "letters" appear in all nine of your posts. If you would like to see what I'm seeing, send me a P.M. with your mailing address and I'll print the nine posts and mail them to you.
John

hindsight57

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-26 11:48
I have no idea. I don't see anything but the text. Now I am confused...and don't know what to do or what to fix.

I have been getting euro symbols where the apostrophe's should be... from a few of the forem members. But, Mustang6984, all of your other post, and the intro parts of the Bozo post that you actually must be typing into the posts are fine... it's only the actual Bozo content that you must be pasting into your posts that get the euro symbols. Maybe that content is from a different or older computer system with different settings or something... but I don't know, just a guess... or maybe a setting on computers of us who are seeing the symbols.
Manny

mustang6984

They are a copy and paste. Not sure why they look like that. Look normal on my computer. I am scratching my head...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

In reference to earlier discussions...trying a little trick...
The Only Thing Left Now Is To Blame the Theft On Her Evil Twin

Bozo criminal for today comes from Clinton, Iowa, where bozo Rachel Thompson was speeding when a cop spotted her and tried to pull her over. Instead of stopping, she fled, ran through a red light and led the cop on a chase. It was then that the sheriff's office received a call from our bozo reporting that her car had been stolen. The caller identified the stolen car as the exact same one the officer was chasing. Let's review. Bozo is speeding. Bozo flees from cop. Bozo calls sheriff from her cell phone to report her car stolen. Now all bozo has to do is elude the cop and she'll be off the hook, right? Wrong. The officer radioed ahead and Stop Sticks where placed in the roadway. Busted! Our bozo was charged with eluding, driving with a suspended license, reckless driving, and speeding.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-26 22:07
They are a copy and paste. Not sure why they look like that. Look normal on my computer.
Peeps here had the same issue with some of my posts. They did look normal on my computer. I was typing things on my 'puter & copy/pasting them in my posts. This site don't like copy/paste apostrophes. Before I paste text in here now I first replace any apostrophes with a comma so I know where to replace the comma with this site's apostrophe.
I wonder if this pasted in quotation mark looks like something else to others? "

KYBlueOval

I think you have discovered the problem. But first, the answer to your question is yes, the Quotation Marks appear as some strange combination of letters and symbols.
After reading your post, I went back to look at the latest post from mustang6984, and as you have described, the odd lettering etc., appears where an apostrophe would appear. After quick review of the preceding posts, the issue is present where ever there should be an apostrophe.
John

mustang6984

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-04-27 09:22
I think you have discovered the problem. But first, the answer to your question is yes, the Quotation Marks appear as some strange combination of letters and symbols.
After reading your post, I went back to look at the latest post from mustang6984, and as you have described, the odd lettering etc., appears where an apostrophe would appear. After quick review of the preceding posts, the issue is present where ever there should be an apostrophe. John

So...here is what I found. I cannot see the formatting when I drop it in here. BUT...if I drop it into a word page...then I can click and observe the formatting...convert it to text only, and then copy the text only version and it seems to work. Hopefully others who said they also were having issues can see the improved version...and we will all be thrilled once again!  :003:

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-04-27 09:22
Thanks for the answer, I kind of suspected that quote marks would also look weird.
I didn't know there was a problem until some people here mentioned it.
I am running the Firefox browser & it gives me an option to open a web site in a "Private window".  When I do that I guess I'm invisible to the site & not logged in & also lets me see what looks different & odd to others but looks normal to me when logged in.
Below is a pic of what the quotation marks look like when pasted in from an email text. I wonder what it looks like when I paste in these weird symbols “ ?
EDIT: Yup, looks completely different.  :005:

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-27 10:05.... drop it into a word page...then I can click and observe the formatting...convert it to text only, and then copy the text only version and it seems to work. ....
??? Seems like a long way to go to eliminate two or three commas in some pasted text!

mustang6984

Takes me about a minute. And makes things easy for everyone else. so not a problem. I also use Firefox...so probably anyone  not using it will have issues. Bottom line...it's fixed so all can enjoy.   :002:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Goes to show that being intelligent...does NOT mean you are necessarily smart...
And Yes, Technically He IS a Rocket Scientist

After being on Covid-19 hiatus we return with a story that doesn't involve criminal activity, but seems appropriate for the times. Our bozo for today, one Daniel Reardon, is an astrophysicist in Australia. Like many of us, he became bored in isolation so he decided to try to invent something that might prove helpful during the epidemic. He came up with the idea of a device that would keep you from unnecessarily touching your face by setting off an alarm when your hands neared your face. Seems like a good plan. First, he came up with a magnetic bracelet that would trigger an alarm when it encountered another magnetic field. Now, where do you place the other magnets? How about up your nose? Sure. Give it a try. He placed two magnets inside his nostrils and two others on the outside. So far, so good. Things went downhill when he removed the magnets from the outside of his nostril. Click! The two inside his nostrils stuck together. Stuck so tightly that he couldn't remove them. When he tried to place another magnet on the outside of his nostril to try to pull the other magnet back, he lost his grip and the magnet clipped onto the other one inside his nose. He now found himself with two magnets stuck in one nostril and on in the other. Next step, a trip to the hospital where doctors were able to remove the magnets without further problems. Mr. Rocket Scientist says he's through with magnets for a while.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Hugh..........FYI,the "problem" has reappeared in your latest post.

fdlrc

It's interesting that I don't have any issues with your posts. They appear normal to me.

Tom S, your quotation marks all look normal to me also.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

mustang6984

GGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

So..which browser do you use? Explorer or Firefox?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

I see those things too, I also see them on my TV on the local news crawls on the bottom of the screen...????
Lynn