News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

I don't care who you are....that there is funny!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Fairlane62

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

BP57CUSTOM

Someday when I am older.

Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

CobraJoe

Well, the only good thing that has happened to me in the past 5 weeks is that I have been able to call Eversource on a regular basis and try to get this service completed and guess what,  they showed up today.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

Good evening Joe, just wondering, is most of the power in your area brought in overhead? Here in our part of the country most all new construction is brought in underground, I like it that way except for the big green transformer,  they won't let us hide them. you can't have anything closer than 6ft. around them except lawn grass or decorative rock, so they are rather ugly.

hiball3985

Progress is progress at any rate  :001:, good for you, one step closer..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

My last career as a real estate broker, I laid out a subdivision.  All the utility right-of-ways were on the back of the lots so the green box was in the back yard.  Its easier and cheaper to lay them out in the front yard with the road/street right-of-way.

CobraJoe

When i built my last house down here on the 'Neck, all the utilities were underground and the transformer & pad were in the front yard. This time I was fortunate, the poles going to the neighbor in the back, (you guys remember him, right?  >:( ) pass right down the side of the driveway and the transformer was on the next pole so it worked out well, so well, that  Eversource did not charge me  for the installation. That is part of the reason for the delay, at least so they say, as they needed Engineering
to figure out what the cost to me would be.
Anyways, at least I have electric in the shop, not that I can do anything in there....

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Most everywhere here in Amarillo have back alleys for dumpsters and all utilities. They are on poles though. I lucked out with this house, maybe because it was the builder's house, but I have 3 phase 220. One of my next door neighbors has it as well. Pros and cons with the back alleys mostly pros imho.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-03-05 05:24
... That is part of the reason for the delay, at least so they say, as they needed Engineering to figure out what the cost to me would be. ...
Joe, I worked for the largest electric utility in Alaska for over 20 years, in both the engineering department and sometimes the department that the linemen who, among other things, work out of and do service drops like yours. Eversource probably does things differently than we did but a simple run-of-the-mill service drop requires nothing or next to nothing in the way of engineering or a cost estimate. Looks like that triplex conductor comes from the transformer on the next pole and goes to the pole closest to you so there might be some very quick and easy stuff for someone to figure out in just minutes.
Kinda sounds like the linemen you talked to are covering up for the delay or just don't know what they are talking about. Then there is the fact that some linemen like to blame everything on "Them &$#@* engineers!". :005:  I've seen an occasion or two when they were right.
How long did you have to wait for the install after you applied for the service?

CobraJoe

Tom, it wasn't the Linesman that said that, it was the main office. I wish I could have gone out and spoke with them, but it wasn't going to happen with my busted up leg; all pictures were from the window.
I applied back in October, believe it or not. They started processing the job in November and I got the run around since then; everyone working from home because of Covid, one department not reaching out to the other, the town not giving them the go ahead, etc....
If I hadn't been such a pain in their side by calling all the time, it probably never would have gotten done.
It literally took them an hour and ten minutes once they arrived.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,