News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

beautiful, just beautiful, Joe !!

I like the corner of the old house/garage protruding into the new building. would lend itself well to decoration in a shop/garage/gas station guise with porcelain signs or similar.

CobraJoe

That's my plan down the road DJ, just need to find some more money for heat and moving the lift first.  bawl  :dontknow:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Awesome Joe!!! That pic with the cars really puts the nice big size of the garage into perspective Everything looks great..cars, shop inside and out! Sounds like you've got at least one good neighbor! It also sounds like you've been getting around on the ankle pretty well?!?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Between the leg, ankle, knee and foot; I need a cane to get around, so friends and family, including my wife who did most of the painting with her son, helped out a lot.
as far as the neighbor, he is the one who helped me build the garage; the "barn doors" never got done because he had surgery on his hand and had to wait until he could use it again. I'm just glad they were able to get there stuff done before the two lifts went back yesterday.

The finished product, well, outside anyways

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

That is outstanding!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Ditto on OUTSTANDING!

CobraJoe

Thanks guys, very much appreciated!   

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

jviera

Joe, I know it was a hard one , but you did it, absolutely professional and a great job congrats on all your work. JViera

CobraJoe

Thanks John, I'll have to have you stop by for an "Adult Beverage" if I ever get it finished, lol.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Frankly speaking, Joe, adult beverages are best when something ISN'T finished yet and you have a few guys standing around and ranting how it should be done, finally. It makes the whole mancave thing real... :002:  :003:

Fantastic garage/shop !

KYBlueOval

DJ........Over the years that I've been on this great '57 Ford Forum, I've always been impressed with your perfect handling of the English language. Truth be known, I'm envious. I've been to Austria several times,(In 1985 I met a neighbor from 2 blocks away from my home, in a parking lot in Salzburg)...... but readily admit that my German is limited at best......I can navigate a menu and order beet, but not much more. Where did you learn English?
John

djfordmanjack

Thank you John, that's very kind! I am really happy being able to communicate with you guys, but knowing my limits my English will never be like a native speaker (especially spoken). Forgetting vocabulary all the time, so it needs more practicing  :002:
I had very good English teachers in school, and it seems I was always interested in English. listening to music, and I started watching films in English on Tv ,like in my very early teens. Like the og 1960s Munsters TV show aso. back then our TV had subtitles. which helped a lot.
Now that I think of it, I must have been watching even earlier like in grade school, at 7 or 8 yo. They had English lessons on TV and the theme song was Lady Madonna by the Beatles. I have always loved that song so probably why I watched the show, and learned a few words anyways...
Later I got interested in all those strange cars, so I had to buy and read the workshop manuals and books. I think that was my main advantage in learning English, that I wanted to. I wanted to know about cars and understand the music lyrics, when no German translations were available.
That may be one of the more difficult things for you as native speakers. English is so dominant around the world, that you basically may not really need to learn another language ( but I know that many of you do. Especially when in the service overseas).

Ford Blue blood

I have envied those in European schools because of the English being required (?) for two years.  To fly an air plane, drive a commercial ship, be a port pilot and most likely more jobs then that English must be a spoken.

I did learn enough Spanish, Italian, French and Greek to order a beer and fumble through the menu (got some surprises!) while in the Navy and deployed to the Med.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

My Spanish "Came back to me" when I was stationed in Rota Spain in the 60'/70's. And like Bill, I can figure out a menu in Europe, and order alcohol, and some times I get a surprise!
John

terry_208

What amazed me was how many Germans didn't seem to speak English until you would speak a little German and running out of vocabulary throw in an English word, more often than not the would reply would be in English.  I too was able to navigate a bar and a guest house but the first phrase I picked up, at the airport, was where's the toilet. 

I'm in awe of Guenter's mastery of English!
Terry