News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Nice VW! There guys, I said it, it's out in the open.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-05-22 15:51
Jim, I take it as it was an Alnico cast . that would be one huge magnetic power source. try to use your I phone next to it...hahaha....
Would you believe there are different magnetics? I have been and still am playing with electric guitar pickups and you wouldn't believe the difference. Again I am preaching to the choir. you probably know more about permanent magnets than I could ever read in books and guitar magazines..... BUT I used some Alnico Seymore Duncan Single coil P90 pickups on one of my vintage 1959 Czech Jolana guitars and she goes like crazy...love the old sound.
Since I'm a big fan of Volkswagons, I might take a little offense in your bug in the woods pic... :003:
This part of science I'm now expert on thats for sure. Largest Alnico I ever magnetized was 3" and that takes a ton of power. I can't even imagine doing one that size.
Love your bug, I always liked those turn signals. One of our morning coffee guys has a right hand drive one with the split back window.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: fdlrc on 2020-05-22 17:28
Nice VW! There guys, I said it, it's out in the open.
I would drive one today, with a mask on  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Very nice DJ!...

Staying with the VW theme...

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Bug story.  Shipmates and I lived together while in school at Great Lakes.  His bug was well used and ready for a nap.  One day on the way into base we were following our friend in his new 69 Super Bee.  As we got closer to the Bee the bug started picking up speed, so....being young and bullet proof....we urged our friend to go faster.  Got that little ol bug up to 85 before my friend chickened out and backed off.  Yup, lived to go to stupid land yet one more time!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

FiveSevenLiter

Can't remember if I posted this before, but you are going to see it again. 
My buddies coffee table is a thing of beauty.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2020-05-23 11:15
Can't remember if I posted this before, but you are going to see it again. 
My buddies coffee table is a thing of beauty.

Now THAT...is art! Very nice!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-05-22 07:34
A call to the exterminator worked well.
VW, aka 'Hitler's Revenge'.

djfordmanjack

Tom, I want to see that different. actually, at least something good came out of that. let's see how millions of people all over the world used that little car to tag along. I think that is ok.

mustang6984

G...wasn't the car in production prior to Hitler's days as ruler? Something rattles around my head about that history...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

sorry Hugh, but no. the VW itself surely is of direct pedigree of  Mr. H. there were several different pre-production projects from Mercedes, NSU, Porsche, Tatra, Mr Ganz aso. the idea had been to produce a simple peoples car, and affordable means of transportation. Like Henry provided with the Ts and As. It is interesting to view the era from that perspective. Mr Porsche came to visit the Rouge plant from '34 to '37. at that point there was no conflict whatsoever. AH used all of that for his propaganda. there are several good books on that topic. he did some of the original drawings and their organisation made the foundation for the KdF factory.
Please understand that I am in no way speaking for Mr Schickelgruber (AH) as he was a perverted idiot, killed  millions of people and lead the whole world into war.
of all the bad things, good things come though. So I like to think of those little bugs making up. I don't say this with any political idea. I want to think of all those millions of aircooled bugs all around the world as being a good thing. Whether one likes them or not....still like Fords better though !  :003:

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-05-23 14:20
Tom, I want to see that different. actually, at least something good came out of that. let's see how millions of people all over the world used that little car to tag along. I think that is ok.
Nothing personal, DJ. Anyone that has ever been stuck behind one of those old VW buses on a mountain road might see how I came up with that moniker. Just couldn't resist referring to V-Dubs as Hitler's Revenge. :003:
The 'ol man had a Bug in the early '60s that I drove fairly often as a teenager. Later I had one as a second car when I was still in the military. I put a little 'Hitler's Revenge' sticker on the dash. :002:  Those Bugs were gutless but still ok.
Later bought one of those fastback types here. Type 3? All were used cars. I could hardly keep that damn type 3 running. Hated that thing. Seemed like it had one problem after another.  Not having a heater fed by an by a liquid cooled engine was certainly a drawback on those air cooled V-Dubs too.  Burr!
Much later I had a VW Rabbit for a while. With studded tires on only the front tires I had fun purposely spinning that one around in the snow.  Boogie down the road, do a 360 or two, & without losing hardly any forward momentum keep right on going.  :001:

djfordmanjack

haha Tom. yeah those cars are good for some winter fun for sure. firsthand experience here. :003:
The type 3 was ill fated. was thought of the better VW but never really caught on. sure sold lots of them but they were never close to as reliable or responsive as the og Type 1 (beetle). Man those buses are SLOW..... 30hp....wow !  looking good though.
today everything is different. it is very easy to build a 150hp motor from a 40hp case. they go like stink. they are lightweight. In Europe those bugs were like the A-V8s of the USA. everybody interested in old cars started tinkering around VWs in the 1970s/80s/90s. Also owned a sweet buggy, the og body was designed by customizer Dean Jeffries in the 1960s. A lot of todays influence on the Vw scene is coming from the US. starting in the mid 1960s with the California look, that caught on worldwide. nothing more like a big'n'little hot rod stance and wheel combo taken from the saltlake hot rods. So there is a lot of links between old Fords and Vws

btw, that gyrodyne hoovercraft that Joe posted, appears to be powered by a Porsche flat 4 engine !

mustang6984

Thanks for the info G... :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker