News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

That had to be a tight fit putting that mill in there with the pipes in place.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

It looks like the driver-side valve cover has had the clearance modification performed. Service bulletin: HAmmer.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

rmk57

Either a Dodge Daytona or Plymouth Superbird and a big ol Hemi.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

The engine is a pile of parts I had sitting around the shop. the Weber's are date coded from the 65-66 era and the manifold was an over the counter item that would have been sold by Ford in the 60's. the block and head are original 271 HP hi-po heads from 64 early 5-bolt bellhousing stuff. the rest of the stuff water pump front cover, pulleys, headers, and bellhousing are all Tiger parts. oil pan is an Aviad part that came off a race car that grenaded and has a small hole in it. the crank I cut and only has the #1 and #2 main bearing holding it in. there are no Rods Pistons or Valves.

The Tiger history is attached.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Nice piece Terry. I like it better than the one in the museum. Yours looks so much more complete.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Real cool, Terry ! thx for the info.
Here I have this late 65 produced 1966 Mustang 289, and really don't know what to do with it. I have a neat old Weiand 4bbl aluminium intake but all those Webers and neat dual waterneck manifold got me thinking.... oh well. How I would love to put that thing in an MGA. I have owned an MGB GT before and I just loved to throw that thing around the corners. Now. an A looks more classy 1950s and a SBF is more fun...hmmmm?!?  :003: well, I'll probably ask the guy about the Tiger anyways. no time- no money. but what could go wrong anyways ....? :002:

mustang6984

When I was a kid, 17-18-early part of 19 yoa, there was a guy in San Diego who had an MGA (my dream car to own...never have...but...) who had a 260 Ford in it. He used to come into the gas station I worked at in Ocean beach. Oh how I lusted after that car!!! Heck...I STILL lust after it...though I haven't the slightest Idea if it is still around or not...since I haven't lived there 48+ years now, and only go back once every 5 years for a weekend or so.

BUILD IT!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

ouch, thats gonna hurt !

was it this one Hugh ?

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

rmk57

Home brewed transmission wasn't happy. 

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-07-10 03:26
ouch, thats gonna hurt !

was it this one Hugh ?

Probably not. LOL!!! That pic is probably almost as old as I am. Seems to me that it was a brighter red than that...and all one color. And that pic isn't Ocean Beach either..at least not of the late 60's early 70's. I don't remember even seeing an A&W in the area. But I would certainly take the one in the pic!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

Joe...I remember seeing those carts when I was a kid, and even later. Olympia WA still had a cart like that up into the early 90's. After I became a cop & times began to get a bit more uncivilized, I used to wonder how come no one ever knocked the cart pusher over and made off with the cart. Never did happen though. No longer around now. They use a parking meter scooter to collect the coins.
Amazing how much those things hold!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-07-10 12:03
Probably not. LOL!!! That pic is probably almost as old as I am. Seems to me that it was a brighter red than that...and all one color. And that pic isn't Ocean Beach either..at least not of the late 60's early 70's. I don't remember even seeing an A&W in the area. But I would certainly take the one in the pic!!!   :003:

A friend of mine and his dad put a 289 in an MG TD. Went for a ride, we had to hold the suicide doors closed, the frame twisted so much the doors would come unlatched. He later put the engine in a Morris Minor, took out the front seats to make room for the engine and trans. He drove it from the back seat! You couldn't see the driver a lot of the time.
Lynn