News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

That is the USS Coral Sea, one of three Midway class carriers built.  Midway and Franklin D. Roosevelt being the other two.  Production of that class stopped when a new "super carrier" was proposed and designed.  It was scrapped before the keel was laid.  The Forrestall class became the basis for all new carriers. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Very interesting, how many planes does a carrier like this carry?

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2021-05-04 08:49
Very interesting, how many planes does a carrier like this carry?

Generally there are between 70 and 90 aircraft on board.  Again generally, each aircraft brings 15 personnel with it along with 1 & 1/2 pilots per plane.  The actual count of fighters, bombers, tankers, EW and ASW aircraft varies with mission for that deployment.  The crew total for the "super" carriers runs in the 5000 to 5500 when the air wing is on board.  The Essex class, the Midway class and the Forestall class were all smaller then today's carriers so plane load out was smaller.

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Thanks for the info, I have never been around or seen any carriers like these except in pictures.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

Wish I had one when I was a kid
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

What's the story/that "thing" on 878?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Rancher

I'm pretty sure we're looking at Snow Cruiser in 878
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Snow_Cruiser

The Y-Block oil galley of arctic expeditions.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe