News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

RICH MUISE

Went to a car show yesterday (as a spectator, too hot to spend the day). I saw this trailer and honestly, my first thought was "man, these A#%%#@!@s are giving new meaning to the phrase "trailer queen". then I saw the info posters/signs and realized it's where it should be and appreciated the risks involved bringing it to a show. This car was bought indirectly from Babe Ruth's widow. The guy that owns it bought it from a NY dealer who did buy it from Mrs Ruth a short time after Babe's death. The middle man only had it for a few weeks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Rancher

Is he thinking  Y-Block, FE, or crate engine??
  :003:

(I believe they're the only vehicle that doesn't get dinged in judging for a substitute engine.)

Seriously, a great find. Thanks for the pic.

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-06-20 09:45
Went to a car show yesterday (as a spectator, too hot to spend the day). I saw this trailer and honestly, my first thought was "man, these A#%%#@!@s are giving new meaning to the phrase "trailer queen". then I saw the info posters/signs and realized it's where it should be and appreciated the risks involved bringing it to a show. This car was bought indirectly from Babe Ruth's widow. The guy that owns it bought it from a NY dealer who did by it from Mrs Ruth a short time after Babe's death.

I wonder if there are any pictures of Babe Ruth in the car or at least standing by it. It would probably add a bit of value with photos.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-06-21 15:09

Been there, done that!  Spruance class destroyer in a VaCapes storm.  Green water on the bridge windows, super structure ended up with a 3/4" crack starting just behind CIC and running down to the main deck.  Aluminum structure, steel hull/main deck.  That was a long night as I was one of two officers that weren't down hard with sea sickness.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

terry_208

My first thought when I saw the picture, "Someone's in it deep!"
Terry

FiveSevenLiter

How many sets of side pipes to make these?
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

I haven't been around much as I've been busy working on my new shop at the house:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

We've missed you, Joe, but you obviously have a good reason. Wow, gonna be a hellofa shop. Nice work. Going to add a concrete floor after? Better hurry...unfortunately winter will be upon ya before you know it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Great to have you back Joe !
That looks awesome ! So its also first doing concrete foundations, consrtructing the wall structures and finally pouring the floors?

When you talk about that to European constructors, they only shake their heads. Sometimes I can't believe how stupid and complicated everything over here is....

any dimensions for the layout ?
I have been a long time and still am thinking about a proper shop building and it's always fun to learn about what other guys build.
loving your pics, Joe. thx for posting !