News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Super pics Joe! Thanks!!!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

evil who?
Models of double decker buses he's jumping? Thought they were 2 x 4's when I first looked. cool pics as usual, Joe. Thanks
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

mustang6984

The picture that I wanted to post is in a different computer, and the website I post them into is copy protected (right-click disabled) but here is the appropriate link...

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/arlington-cemetery-hugh-carino.html
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-11-11 09:59
  Rear of a shot up Wellington Bomber?

Rear turret of Short Stirling I heavy bomber BF517 of 75 Squadron riddled with holes after being attacked by a night fighter near Duisberg - 27th April 1943

"AnonymousMay 11, 2017 at 2:41 PM
At least five hits (maybe a lot more) from explosive shells with heavy fragmentation. Probably 37 or 40MM. Poor SOB probably never knew what hit him as the attack came in from the starboard quarter then slid in to the "6" and hosed him with 12.7MM . Rudder left. Rudder right and hold the trigger down. Lucky they got that one home. The Nacht Jager must have been low on ammo"

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-11-11 09:00
The picture that I wanted to post is in a different computer, and the website I post them into is copy protected (right-click disabled) but here is the appropriate link...

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/arlington-cemetery-hugh-carino.html

CobraJoe

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, the 8.8 cm Flak gun. This German anti-aircraft gun was a absolute monster on the battlefield. It packed a hard hitting 88 mm shell, and featured a semi-automatic breech.

During the early years of the Second World War, the German military primarily used the 88 gun in an anti-aircraft gun, but it's role was soon multi-purposed. It's design was special in regards to it's base, which enabled the gun to be fired horizontally, turning it into an artillery piece.

This proved to deadly. The 88 shell ripped through not only aircraft, but tanks too. The 88 gun launched it's shell towards tanks, ripping through it's frontal armor with violent speed and velocity, destroying even the toughest tanks the Allies had to offer.

For example, when the Germans launched Operation Barbarossa in 1941, they encountered the KV-1 heavy tank. This was the heaviest tank the Soviets had, with 90mm of frontal armor.

t proved to be deadly and effective. The 88 gun easily penetrated the KV-1's frontal armor.

The 88 gun also excelled in it's role as an anti-aircraft gun. For the entire war, the most dangerous job in the military was flying a bombing raid over Germany. While the Allies bombed the Germans day and night, 88 guns responded with deadly efficiency. At it's peak, around 30% of Allied bombers were downed during combat. an estimated 160,000 Allied airmen, primarily from the U.K and America, lost their lives in combat.

When the Germans realized how effective the 88 gun was against both tanks and planes, they slapped it on a tank and created one of the deadliest tanks of the Second World War.

The Tiger Tank series, considered one of the most well engineered tanks of World War 2, carried an 88 gun on it's body. Whenever Allied tanks encountered a Tiger, they had significant trouble penetrating it's armor. An whenever a Tiger turned it's gun on an Allied tank, it was over. Few Allied tanks carried the armor thick enough to sustain a hit from an 88 gun."