News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Fairlane62

Good thing he has an open primary, otherwise he would be dragging the case.

CobraJoe

I managed to get the grade finished and the vapor barrier down Thursday night for an inspection Friday.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

The inspector gave me the green light to pour, so Saturday I got the insulation and wire mesh down, as well as pinning the four corners for my lift:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

So, Sunday my buddy and I laid out the radiant heat tubing and got the four zones all tied into the mesh and roughed into the corner:

Monday morning I tidied up the supply and return lines and mounted them:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

....and today, my other buddy poured the floor, all eight inches of it; 22 yards:

...and burned it to a smooth finish:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

Joe, it looks great. As a retired general contractor of 45 years, many high $  homes and lots of new commercial buildings, and also major owner of a concrete batch plant, I give you an A+. Now I have a couple of ? for you. In your state do they require all electrical outlets and switches to be 4ft off the floor in a garage or shop.  I don't see any insulation behind the OSB, and did you use fiber mess in your concrete. Even though we sold lots of fiber mesh I never was a big believer in it, it is hard to beat rebar.  As  I said it looks great, will be interested in seeing final finish and trim out

RICH MUISE

and is your bitchy neighbor somewhere under all that?
Very nice job, Joe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Thanks Alvin & Rich; in regards to your questions:
1.) Yes, they will be 4 feet up, but more as a matter of convenience.
2.) No insulation, at least not yet. The Advantech was put on the walls with only a couple of screws; this was done to get it out of the way (I got tired of moving it around) as I had gotten a deal on it because the tongue was damaged and I bought the whole lift even though I only needed it for the loft floor. I will be going up at least one more coarse with it after I insulate.
3.)No fiber mesh, just 4000psi with wire.
.....and Rich

4.) I don't know what you are talking about.   :002:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-10-13 04:54

.....and Rich

4.) I don't know what you are talking about.   :002:

As Sgt. Schultz says.....I saw nothing...:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

In my last 2 shops, on the walls I went with OSB the 1st 4 ft. up then 4ft. of peg board, then sheet rock to the ceiling. I don't see very well anymore, so it is easy for me to see parts and things hanging then looking for them on the floor or under a bench. In my new shop I put my out lets about 6 ft apart, everyone give me crap on why so many. But you know what I use most of them, and I don't like extention cords laying all over the floor.  The only thing I did wrong on this new shop is I put the corners to close together. It should have bee 20 ft. wider than it is, but I keep telling myself it dosn't take as much heat the way I have it.

CobraJoe

I agree with everything Alvin, especially the extra 20 ft., just wasn't in the budget....

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Awesome progress, Joe !

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429