News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Automobile School 1910

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Hawker Hurricane in an interesting all blacked out night fighter or Navy paint scheme ? post war ? (V) Aussie ? Can?

rmk57

I get the V for victory but what's with the dagger through the arm represent?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

"Squadron Leader J.A.F. MacLachlan, the one-armed Commanding Officer of No 1 Squadron RAF, standing beside his all-black Hawker Hurricane Mark IIC night fighter, "JX-Q", at Tangmere in West Sussex, England, November 1941. He had lost his arm just seven months before to a Bf 109 over Malta. (Source - Royal Air Force official photographer Woodbine G (Mr)  IWM CH 4015. Colorized by Paul Reynolds. Historic Military Photo Colourisations)

James Archibald Findlay MacLachlan DSO, DFC & Two Bars, "One-Armed Mac," was credited with 13 victories over Axis planes. On 18 July 1943 the P-51 Mustang in which he was flying was hit by flak and crashed over France, cutting his life short at age 24.

No 1 Squadron RAF, founded in 1911, endures, currently flying Typhoons out of  RAF Lossiemouth."

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

thx for the detailed info, Joe ! I wonder how he was able to fully operate a combat airplane single handedly. there are usually controls that need a second hand like operating throttle, setting flaps, retracting landing gear aso while working the stick with the other hand. They must have converted the actual plane to somewhat cope with his disability.
There were several other famous pilots who had been disabled from injuries. like Sir Douglas Bader. who had 2 legs amputated after a flying accident and still went on to become a WWII fighter ace with 22.5 kills

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

59meteor

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-01-10 04:48

Yikes, about 2/3rds of the left wing was shot away, I wonder if they were able to land that plane intact.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,