News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-03-06 16:36...I applied back in October, believe it or not. ... the town not giving them the go ahead, etc....
Man, sumthin's way out of whack at that utility. At least you weren't waiting for power to be hooked up at a new house that that you needed to move into ASAP.
I know if often takes time for a town or city to get around to doing their inspection & issue a permit but that long a wait is ridiculous.
Wonder if there is something like a Public Utilities Commission there that you could report this to.

CobraJoe

Tom, this whole project has been a battle for me. I was fought tooth and nail, every step of the way. Even when I went to the State board of Appeals on my permit, they told the Town Building inspector, that he could not hold up my permit because of a dispute between two neighbors; they went as far as to say that I was well within my property and had every right to be issued a permit and that they were overturning all 7 CMR's that he sighted me on and for him to issue my building permit forthwith.
When I went to town hall, he refused to give it to me. I contacted the State Building inspector who in turn told him to issue it to me and he refused me when I went to pick it up again.
I won't waste my time fighting this anymore, in the end, it cost me 20 grand.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

That's exactly the kind of BS I moved from Mass. to get away from. Your neighbor must be related somehow to the permit officer. 50 years ago nothing happened in the state unless you greased someone's palm or had a relation in the right place. Doesn't sound like much has changed. My first job in mass, just out of high school was as a driver for a machine shop. Just before Christmas, I spent the day driving around to purchasing agents' residences delivering thick envelopes.
On a 180* from that scenario, after I had been in Calif. for a few years and started estimating for a large machine shop, I had a purchasing agent for Hughes Helicopter tell me basically I could get the job I just quoted if we got some money to him under the table. I told my boss, and he said 'That **** don't fly here", and he called the buyer's boss. He was fired that afternoon. That crap is so embedded in the culture back east, it'll never change.
I should send you some pics of housing developments around Amarillo, 4-5000 sq ft. brick mansions with butler buildings bigger than the houses! Texas is definitely live and let live........in most areas anyway.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

That "palm greasing" thing is not confined to any area.  Here in AL my first real job after retiring from the Navy was Director of Facilities for a non profit here in town.  My boss told me that I needed to reduce the budget for my department to under one million.  Looking at the contracts and talking with my predecessor he informed me that they were where they were because he "had to scratch their back" to get the work done.  Any one that knows me knows the red "BS" flag went up!  I did re-negotiate every one of them and got the budget under one mil and got all the work done on schedule and satisfactorily.   It didn't take long for the rest of the contractors and suppliers in town to find out that I was a hard nosed and unrecognizable.  One contractor even put out the word that I would not go to lunch with her because I didn't want anyone to think it was a grease situation.

Sorry for the long story, bottom line things can get done without dealing with the "greasers"!  Not easy but doable.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-03-11 20:38
Texas is definitely live and let live....
You gotta be jokin' about that.

CobraJoe

Unfortunately, it seems the whole country is crazy; not to get political (I think we already have) but with this "Cancel Culture" and "Green Deal" crowd, you can't do anything anymore, even if you are 100% within your right and have all the permits.
This world is nuts!  :deadhorse:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

Joe, you are absolutely right, I am not sure what has happened, I realize things change all the time. One thing I do know for sure is, COMON SEINCE, has left the building, and I doubt  if it will ever return.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

the whole world's a madhouse, really. Good God......

I already thought it was bad in the mid 90s, but it has been going downhill ever since. speed increasing....already in free fall as of today.

Lgcustom

Do we all start to sound like our grandfathers and crazy uncle Bob? We've been told the world is going to hell in a hand basket since we were kids. This was supposed to sound funny when I started. Oh well I'll shut up.

CobraJoe

Yes, we all have been told that....
but none of us ever thought it would actually happen!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

I can only second that, Joe....
If anybody would have told you about the actual madness 3 years ago, 99% would have laughed and shake their head in disbelief.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-03-15 19:11
but none of us ever thought it would actually happen!

CobraJoe

....and now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Spray foam went in today; hopefully they can get the fiberglass batts in over the next two days:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Love the spray in stuff!  Well worth the cost.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II