News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Bruce Springsteen with his 1957 Corvette,

"Frank Stefanko shot this iconic picture of Bruce Springsteen in 1978 in Haddonfield, New Jersey. In Frank's book, Days of Hopes and Dreams, the photographer comments, "Bruce seemed to come to Haddonfield in a different vehicle each time. After his initial visit in that old Chevy pick-up truck, the next day, Sunday, he arrived in a slick '57 Corvette. I think that car was his pride and joy. It was loaded, it was sleek, it ruled Route 9 and the New Jersey Turnpike. I imagined what it would be like to be Bruce, cruising in that 'Vette up the Pike under that giant Exxon sign in the wee, wee hours, thinking up song ideas while listening to his favorite tunes in that bad-ass Corvette." --Frank Stefanko"

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

not a 57 , just sayin.... if i ever were to buy a Chevy, it would be a 56 or 57 Vette. They are single headlight cars.
Springsteens Vette must be a 58 or 59. My friend Reinhard has a 59 and these guys are absolutely dedicated to tell model year by several small different trim parts, but I can't. I know it#s about rear bumperettes, front fender ( above headlights) and cove trim. I don't know the differences. After all- I am a Ford guy and I don't care.... :003:

CobraJoe

Just came back from Corvettes @ Carlisle; the guy I went with was hell bent on buying a '56...until he saw the '58 & '56 side by side. Taller, wider, fancier and just down right classier. Now he wants a '58. There were a few there but just not exactly what he wanted.

He fell in love w/ the '58 only, "rear spears" on the decklid...

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Tom S

I'm guessin' that Springsteen's Vette is a '59 or '60. I can tell that it's not a '58 'cause it doesn't have that ugly "washboard hood". The hood with the long & wide row of fake louvers.
A friend had a '58. He got rid of those fake louvers & put a pretty good looking & functional rear opening scoop on the hood. As I recall he also got rid of the chrome spears on the trunk lid. If it wasn't for the pic that Joe posted this Ford guy wouldn't have known about those spears on '58s.
As Vettes go I think best looking ones are the '57s.
If my friends Vette hadn't been the 'right' color I'd probably never even got to know him. :003:

Here it is in 2003 next to my Roadster at the 25th Show & Shine here in Anchorage.

djfordmanjack

ah yes, the spears and ripple hood....I never really liked either.... :003: imho a 56/7 looks way cleaner and more classy in front and rear.
Thunderbird also outgrew its sporty pedigree for 1958, quad headlights. Probably why GM put a frog face on their little racer as well.... :003:
I have driven my friend's 59 Vette and although it has a 327 and stick shift, and really goes, I totally dislike the seating position and handling. I drove my other friends 1955 MGA and 1953 XK120, and yes, those are 'sports' cars... :002:

CobraJoe

Yeah, I didn't even realize it when I copied and pasted the photo & description that it wasn't a 1957; I should have known because the feds didn't approve dual headlights for ALL states until 1958 model year.
Sorry guys, I don't write them, I just copy & paste them.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

no worries at all Joe. Thx for all the posting and forwarding/quoting all the great pics and info. I was just in the knowing enough, because I REALLY like 56/7 Vettes, but I just dislike 58 up.
I had the opportunity to take a seat in a black/silver 57 FI and that did it. It sure is a classic, but I don't have the $ and I am a Ford guy. so no worries...  :003:

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-08-27 06:49Yeah, I didn't even realize it when I copied and pasted the photo & description that it wasn't a 1957; I should have known because the feds didn't approve dual headlights for ALL states until 1958 model year.
Sorry guys, I don't write them, I just copy & paste them.

^nice 68 bug. probably Woodstock ?

CobraJoe

Yes, Woodstock.
But me, of all people who HATED the '58 lights on his Fairlane should have known better.    :deadhorse:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

hahaha... an me who originally hates quad, is haunted by the stuff.... :003:

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

lalessi1

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2024-08-27 14:43no worries at all Joe. Thx for all the posting and forwarding/quoting all the great pics and info. I was just in the knowing enough, because I REALLY like 56/7 Vettes, but I just dislike 58 up.
I had the opportunity to take a seat in a black/silver 57 FI and that did it. It sure is a classic, but I don't have the $ and I am a Ford guy. so no worries...  :003:

^nice 68 bug. probably Woodstock ?

Definitely Woodstock!!!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I saw a sign on a flowered VW bus at a show 10 years ago. It had a sign in the rear window:
Woodstock, I think I was there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Lynn

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,