News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

On the road...again!

Started by mustang6984, 2020-08-30 19:23

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Welcome back Hugh. glad to hear you're gonna be okay.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

terry_208

I'm glad you're out of the hospital and have a bright future.   

When I found out you had a 69 Mustang and didn't have the manuals, it was a no brainer as to where the manuals needed to be.  I was hoping they could be of use to someone.  Lord knows I hadn't used them for almost 30 years!

You have a great attitude about the doctor's orders.  I'm in the 8th week of an 18 week recovery from shoulder surgery. 

Take care of yourself and be safe my friend!
Terry

hiball3985

Hugh, so glad you are recovering and it will take a while from what I have seen in others. I don't know what precautions you take when traveling but one of my fears is gas pumps, I always wear gloves..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Good to hear from you Hugh. It's been a rough road for you, but thanks for posting all the info, and glad your wife (Cindy??) got the easy version. Is your Wash. house on the market?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Thanks guys.

House is sold...poor gal who bought it has been very understanding and extended closing until 25th due to my issues. I am really hoping to be out of here in about 10 days. Need to hire a crew and get it loaded and cars trailered and everything shipped.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Remember Hugh, needing a helping hand is only half bad. We are all glad to know that YOU ARE STILL HERE, to need the shipping service at all !

mustang6984

UPDATE...I know I haven't been around much since I got out of the hospital,, but i am doing well. Baby step improvements.

So...today begins the last couple of legs. I have packers and loaders coming to the house to finish the garage/shed/yard stuff. They should be done by close of day tomorrow if not before.
I am calling for the truck I am loading the shop into to be delivered to the shop on Wednesday. Hope to see all of that loaded and ready for pick-up by Sunday...Monday at the latest.
Car haulers will set up for that chore for Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. When the car haulers leave...so do I. Let's see if this set of plans can be executed without anymore annoyances. I am ready to go home!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Hugh is back on the road.  He stopped in Boise at 830 last evening.  He wanted to make distance before stopping for a rest and was planning to drive a few more hours.  I wasn't able  meet him as my wife is very afraid of the corona virus and asked me not to go.  He wanted to do a quick post before sleeping.  Perhaps he didn't have internet service when he stopped.  I hope all is well Hugh!   
Terry

mustang6984

Stopped in Ogden for the night.(day) Was too beat to open up the lap top. Heading out in about an hour, looking to get as close as possible to Amarillo...maybe further. No issues with truck or trailer. Not able to drive quite as long as I would like yet...had to take a couple of naps in rest stops to make it this far.
Weather has been decent, occasional snow "sprinkles" but mostly dry with rain now and then as well. Will post more when I stop again for the night.
:burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

If you stop in Amarillo and have time for a chat, give me a call.........we can bump elbows.

RICH MUISE

I talked to Hugh earlier yesterday for a while. He was140 miles west of Laramie, Wy. at the time and wasn't sure which way he was going to go after Cheyenne. He's trying to beat the truck with all his toys to Shell Knob. Not sure if he's coming thru Amarillo. I think if I were him, I would have not come this far south, but just dropped down to I70 in Denver and taken that all the way to Kansas City.

RICH MUISE

At 2 pm, Hugh was in Garden City, Kansas. Doing fine. I asked when he expected to be home, but I forgot what he told me. I went out looking for his truckload of classics that was suppose to be in my area on I 40, but missed it. I was at a spot before Amarillo a half hour before he COULD have gotten there, and stayed an hour after he should have been there. I think he must have stopped somewhere between his last given time/location and Amarillo.

mustang6984

Okay...update...
I got home around 4:30 this morning. (Monday). No problems other than loss of my canoe paddles somewhere in rural Oklahoma. Apparently the bungee cords gave way and the paddles by now have a new home.
Truck arrived this afternoon around 1:00 p.m. Apparently HE had issues of his own...lost a u-joint...so guess you didn't miss him Rich...he was laid up. This trip has had more curses than the other ones did!

I'll be here abut 10 days, then head back for one LAST time, to get my boat and a few miscellaneous items. Then...done! I picked up a custom built 428 which I think will look real sweet in between the frame rails of a Courier! It needs a new block and a re-build, but that's fine.

This week I will try to catch up on all Joe's pics and Dave's pics, among other things. Trailers with my shop will be here on Thursday, and gone by Monday afternoon. I plan on sitting upon my backside for a couple of days and rest. That is when I will catch up on pics.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

After all this a nice long vacation and rest is well deserved.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker