News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I May Have Found My First Car!

Started by lalessi1, 2020-11-18 08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Not suspicious at all guys, this is rural Louisiana. As far as DMV goes here there are no searches for VINs for a 64 year old car. The lady was very kind and accommodating just a little cautious about strangers. I enjoyed the experience and the opportunity to revisit my memories of that moment  in time. Not as good as finding the car but the next best thing.  8)
Lynn

mustang6984

FYI...a vin  number search has no bearing on the age of the car...it has to do with the last time the car was licensed to be driven. So...if it has been driven in the last 30 even 40 years...odds are indeed on your side. Worth a shot anyhow. If I or my were were still working...I'd run it for you...but...alas...we are both members of the good for nothing, lazy, shiftless club...and I might add...proud of it!  :003:   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

I worked for the Louisiana DMV in the late '60s, early 70's. Records were sorely lacking. We had issues then with even identifying owners from license plate numbers much less VIN's. Our state has operated for much of my life like a third world country especially compared to the west coast. I don't have a VIN or a tag number anyway. I am pretty sure the car was scrapped.

Lynn

terry_208

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2020-11-20 07:36
I don't have a VIN or a tag number anyway. I am pretty sure the car was scrapped.

At least you have your memories of your first car!  My first 57 was scrapped then made into a circle track racer!
Terry