Parts suppliers on Ebay Vintagefordparts Rubber parts and other suppliers ques

Started by abe_lugo, 2020-11-20 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Hi Guys, I notice Vintagefordparts on ebay seems to have good prices on some parts. Does this supplier have a direct store instead of Ebay?
I also notice that Macs-Auto-parts shipping is like 7-14 bucks on very small parts, like really? Any experiences with them? would it be better to buy direct from the store?

While working on my '57 I'll have to have the laundry list of seals to redo. Also need a bunch of clips and small parts for the power window parts.

Also looking for info on who has the best fitment on the windshield seals, I know some of these sellers might just be reselling a DC or Metro seal. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lastly, I'll be getting the bench seats done, did you guys find the molded foam someplace?
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

lalessi1

I have bought from Vintagefordparts on eBay on several occasions and I have been very happy with them. I think they are buying from Carpenter at a modest discount and undercutting the price a little, just my guess. I don't think they have another "store" other than eBay. I am not a big fan of Mac's although I have bought from them also but I prefer Concours Auto Parts. Steele Rubber will send you a catalog with only the stuff they sell for your model. I used a Carpenter windshield seal, very nice. Don't know about seat foam. Restoration Specialties sells all types of clips and small parts but you will need to get a hard copy catalog and order by list. They have a TON of stuff.
Lynn

Ray Summitt

Vintage ford parts is an e-bay only store.
Stu the owner has good prices and is a fast shipper.
He is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
If you're looking for parts, message him thru eBay and he will return your inquiry then post it on eBay so you can purchase it if you would like to.

Ray Summitt

RICH MUISE

I usually bought direct from DC figuring since they were probably the mfg., their rubber stuff was probably the freshest. The exception to that was the things I bought from Classic Auto Parts in OKC when I needed a rodtrip. (I meant road trip, but rodtrip sounds good too!)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Thanks for the recommendations.  Will be going through this one and need most of those little bits. 

abe_lugo

As far as interior materials. Has anyone found the silver material for the inserts on door panels? Without having to discuss the SMS company?
I believe I can make my own version of the square design vinyl that would look close.  But I would to have silver inserts like the original on the top. Just looking for some ideas. 

RICH MUISE

I don't really have a clue, but one place you might check with is Automotive Interiors in Mass. They are in our list of suppliers. I got my headliner from them, and have heard lots of good reviews. www.automotiveinteriors.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cokefirst

The problem with all parts dealers is that no one carry's everything.  Macs is the only supplier I know that has the correct wax impregnated spring pads, Concours parts has some motor mount bushings that no one else has, and so on.  I agree that Macs has high shipping prices but so does Casco.  I buy from several vendors so that I can get the parts I need. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

SkylinerRon

Don't give your e-mail to Mac's they will spam you to death.

I stopped using them when Ecklers (chevy guys) bought Mac's. and raised all the prices.

Ron.

59meteor

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2021-03-10 02:34
Don't give your e-mail to Mac's they will spam you to death.

I stopped using them when Ecklers (chevy guys) bought Mac's. and raised all the prices.

Ron.
So true! I get Emails from both Macs and Ecklers Chevy parts almost daily. Have bought lots of stuff from Dennis Carpenter, most good, some not so much, notably clips for side trim, some fit properly, some, made in China, not so much. Hopefully since Dennis recently passed, the company still continues on.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Ford Blue blood

I have for years been using stainless steel screws from my friendly Ace Hardware store.  The Ranchero has all stainless, still have a bunch left over from the initial purchase and the total for all I purchased was under $30.00.  I just added them to the screws left over from the 65 Bird.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II