News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country sedan Wagon

Started by Richard Grizzle, 2020-11-29 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Grizzle

I have a 1957 Ford Country Sedan. I was wondering if any one knew if a 1957 Turnpike cruiser engine would bolt into this car. I have the 292 running but smokes a lot and was wanting a little more zip. I have a running 1957 Turnpike cruiser engine. Also I need a drivers side rear side window close enough I don't have to pay a lot in shipping.

RICH MUISE

Others here may know, but we have a member who is big on the MEL stuff...........KULTULZ ...........I'd send him a personal message and direct him to this posting. He may need to know what Merc engine it is specifically.
Also, give us your location.......we'll need to know that to see if we can suggest a source that may be close to you.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KULTULZ

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-11-29 18:09

Others here may know, but we have a member who is big on the MEL stuff...........KULTULZ ...........I'd send him a personal message and direct him to this posting. He may need to know what Merc engine it is specifically.
Also, give us your location.......we'll need to know that to see if we can suggest a source that may be close to you.

...hmmph ... I am not used to kind words. THANX!

The 57 TPC engine was a LINCOLN Y-BLOCK (one model run before MEL) and had a displacement of 368 CI. It is a powerful engine. The mounting pads are different and will require custom frame mounts to the 57. But it can and has been done.

Makes a great sleeper.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

RICH MUISE

You've always had a lot of great info for us thru the years, and it is much appreciated!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe