News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hugh

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-01-04 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I finally got a call into Hugh today. I noticed he hasn't had any thing on the forum for a while and he wouldn't answer any of my e-mails. Tryed to call him before today but no answer. He got to his old home for one more load to move to thier new home, was there a day and they put him into the hospital, the covid-19 got him. Bit him in the A$$ real bad.  He still dosn't sound to good but says he is feeling better and thinks they are about ready to kick him out. He said he was goin g to hire  some help to finish his move. He has a long way to travel when he is pretty much upside down.

hiball3985

I think you meant HUGH, Not good news at all. Hope he has a good recovery and back soon.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

alvin stadel

Thanks for the correction, yes I did mean Hugh.  He has been here at my place twice, I enjoy his visits, sure hope he dosen't have much after affects from this crap.

terry_208

So he's still in the hospital?  He was hoping to get out Sunday.  I knew he was there but didn't think I should post this info on the forum.  When he stopped by here to p/u the rotisserie, he had an extremely bad cough.  We loaded the rotisserie with the cherry picker and he and Bob left directly.  The total time here at the house was about 20 minutes, just enough to load and no visiting.  I've stayed home since finding out he had covid.  I'll try to go to physical therapy today but may not get past the screeners since today is the 15th day since seeing him. 

I'm hoping Hugh is well enough to be released from the hospital today!  I know several people who've have covid and all seem to have effects that linger for months.

I hope everyone else is healthy. The vaccine isn't available, here in Idaho, to my wife and I until April.
Terry

RICH MUISE

That's not very good news. I hope he makes it thru all this. Hugh didn't think the covid was real....I'm sure he's a believer now. The three of us here said a prayer for him. Now I'm worried about his wife in Branson, and wondering if Sasha was with him. That's one great dog. Not sure who Bob is, but I hope he's ok.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Bob is a good friend of both Hugh and his wife and has been caring for Sasha.  Bob is also moving to the Branson area.

Hugh apologized for bringing the stuff to my house but he didn't come in so I don't feel that he brought anything here.  Saying that I'm certain that he believes it now!
Terry

djfordmanjack

too bad, .... wishing you a speedy recovery Hugh !
we all have to be very careful. it can happen to anybody.

Only have been visiting our closest family for holidays and I now refuse to meet anybody inside the house for the next weeks or so. It'll eventually go away, but we all still have to be patient and duck and cover! Good luck everybody, hoping the best for Hugh.

alvin stadel

Terry, Hugh asked me to post what he has going on.  He has made a lot of friends here on this forum and just wanted to let you guys know what was going on.  If I understood him right he dosen't have access to his computer

terry_208

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2021-01-05 14:16
Terry, Hugh asked me to post what he has going on.  He has made a lot of friends here on this forum and just wanted to let you guys know what was going on.  If I understood him right he dosen't have access to his computer

I was positive he wanted everyone to know but "just in case" didn't post it.  The last thing I want to do is invade someone's privacy.  I knew you wouldn't post this w/o him asking you to.
Terry

CobraJoe

Here's to a speedy recovery for Hugh! 
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Alvin, Terry.......any word from Hugh?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

I have not heard from him but will give him a call this afternoon.  Will let you know what I find out. Alvin

terry_208

I haven't heard from him.
Terry

alvin stadel

I just talked to Hugh, he got out of hospital Monday.  Says he rather weak and short of breath, but  is moving forward.  He said he would post something tonight. He sounded a lot better than when I talked to him last. Take care, Alvin

djfordmanjack

Good news !