News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

?

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-04-07 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

WOW, this a quiet morning.

gasman826

nice weather

abe_lugo

its been quiet  for a short while, only 3-5 topics active almost during a week.

in redoing some stuff on my car. Brakes, put in the steering gearbox from the parts car, was going to post a shift indicator image as a question, (steering is all worked out and is great)!. Now I need to redo the PS lines to the Heidt valve, I have a new style Ford pump going to the old PS, I seen this allow some adjustment to  it so its not so fast. (if anyone knows that there is a valve I can just put into the pump, please chime in!)

Re-doing the brakes- all around.
using the SVO 1-1/8 master going back to the swift-sure pedal, I am missing my reservoir can, I need to get a parts bin from my brothers house. I know I have it.
It had the original pushrod- and it is exact in the position, I have not adjusted the concentric brake pedal bolt yet.

I think I may need a residual valve to the rear. still getting spongey pedal after bleeding it all. it stops all around and the rear brakes are adjusted. I did bench bleed the master.

I have a prop valve, but may just also have a metering valve I need to reinstall, looks like there rabble, rabble about it.

Then the battery dies, having issues tuning the old Edelbrock 1406- it turns on nice, but in gear it has a funky idle. I really just need to rebuild it and set to to the stock configurations.

I need jump onto service for my wife's '33 Plymouth. that needs an oil change, going to clean the cooling system and also adjust the brakes.

O yeah and I have a regular day job.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

CobraJoe

Sorry guys, haven't been posting as much as I usually do. Between work, this '57 Bird and fighting the town since last September to build my garage, I haven't had much energy left to exert here....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

Thanks guy's, this evenings read was great. Gary you are right, nice weather,  my director of social affairs has me digging  up her flower beds and planting trees.  I can't say I am really into it but makes life easyer  if you no what I mean.

RICH MUISE

Same here..been up to my eyeballs with getting readjusted after my trip, getting caught up with chores, springtime yard work, spring cleaning, BASEBALL JUST STARTED LAST WEEK!!!,Helping my wife with trying to tame the new dog from hell.
I do need to do a report on my 3820 mile roadtrip.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I have been trying to bring grass areas under control after they have been left alone to do as they pleased for the last 5+ years. Also trying to get 3 apartments up and ready for rent...and looking to either sell or trade my apartment building to acquire the storage unit complex next door. He wants to trade if we can pull off the swap. If not, I'll sell and then buy.

Also...fair warning...the "one the Road Again" thread is coming back to life. Moving my son and his lady from WA to MO soon...as in I will be back on the road with the big box trailer to haul his '68 Pony car and house hold stuff back. I thought I was done with this!
Good news is I will be able to stop in Billings and shoot some sweet pics of Alvin's Retractable! Those I will post when I get back...with his permission of course.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Does everybody else think that the pandemic and tiring circumstances are taking a toll as well ?
I am on 3 different type car forums, with members of different age and location, and all 3 are really down to the basic or no action at all.
Times are pretty exhausting and maybe a lack of motivation for our projects, since nobody knows where, when and if cruises and shows are going to be held. At least here in Europe.

RICH MUISE

Things are getting pretty much back to normal here, at least in the southwest/south central. The past 2 months, our first Saturday cruise-in is as big as I've seen it, and the Goodguys last month was pretty big. Road traffic has been normal for a long time now. Baseball games / sporting events  are limited to about 1/4 capacity, but they're hoping for full capacity by July. Lower age groups are finally getting their vaccinations. My 51-year-old son in Florida is getting his first today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Had a NSRA Appreciation Day last Saturday.  Very nice turnout.  Right around 125 cars.  Got the 36 "Safety 23ed", met up with folks that I haven't seen since all this crap started and enjoyed the nice 150 mile round trip drive.

Most are like me with respect to the Covid....lets get on with life and face what ever we have to face and deal with it then.  Most agree that we just don't know who to trust with respect to who, what and where.  Numbers make sense then they don't, who can get really sick and who don't.......and an overwhelming number of the guys feel that "living scared" is not living.  So on we go.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Wirenut

Here in Texas, at least the counties I'm in and out of are, and have been having some car shows and gatherings. I've been to a couple car shows and will be attending a swap meet/car show in the last weekend this month. I was surprised when Biden said we should be able to have gatherings around the 4th of July. We've been doing that for months. Some folks were not calling them car shows, they were called food drives and drive thru car shows. I counted over 60 classic cars at a "food drive" last November. Everyone/ most were practicing social distancing and filled the parking lot. Fortunately  our COVID numbers have been declining and our weather has been nice as of late, I'm seeing a lot of classics on the road every weekend.

mustang6984

In Missouri sort of depends on where you are. The larger cities are still pretty tight...medium and small cities seem to have relaxed their grip on people's lives. Forsyth (near Branson and the county seat for Taney County) repealed their mandatory mask ordinance a little over a week ago. Where I am now (Shell Knob) no one has been worrying about masks for a few weeks. Ditto for Berryville AR which is about 10 miles from me.
Like Blue Blood said...people are just ready to get on with life...and deal with what comes. America is tired of being held hostage, and with vaccines becoming more available the citizens of the country are getting more restless to toss off the government enforced shackles and get on with their life...with or without approval/sanctioning by their local/state governing bodies.
There is a gathering this Saturday in the small town of Cassville about 45 minutes from me...hot rod show...about 4 in the afternoon. They apparently do this every 2nd Saturday of the month at the Cassville museum. I'll be there with the Chrysler. time to start enjoying life again. Enough drudgery.  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Frankenstein57

After a week of cold symptoms and a 99.7 fever one night , I got tested , and was positive. I'm in a 2 week quarantine. I feel good, basically just a congestion, cold .Been getting lots of spring chores done, probably go see my girlfriend this weekend, she is about an hour away. I guess it could be lots worse, Mark

mustang6984

That's what my wife had as well. She got the "oh Damn...I have a cold" version...me? I got a three week "residency" in the hospital over Christmas/New Years. Go figure. Never had a temperature though. And they checked my temp 3-4-5 times a day. Never got over 98.4 and spent a few days at 97.6. Confounding to say the least.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Frankenstein57

Alvin, I did lose my sense of smell which motivated me to get tested, It came back already. Mark