News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Another project

Started by hdshadpar, 2021-04-23 21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

hdshadpar

You know the saying "3 strikes and your out" well I don't like being out.  I had 2 57's, one for build one for parts, and then along came a Lincoln and the 57's moved to new owners.   While working on the Lincoln my buddy that has a garage brought in another 57 that had been sitting for years.  It was an early 80's attempt to hotrod it but the owner fell ill and passed on to the next step.  Car already has a 460/C6, frenched lights, shaved doors and trunk, sunroof and louvered hood, a cool looking old 2dr post, couldn't really see in it and still only had the door open once, no interior, some floor pan rust.  As I worked on the Lincoln this car sat at his garage just staring at me. In the mean time, a bunch of us play this Lotto game where we put in money and when one gets the winning numbers you win the pot and low and behold I won 855 bucks!  So Sam the garage owner knew I had a woody for the car and offered this customer 1 grand, he took it, I put up the rest and now I have one again.  Now when you are making a hotrod Lincoln it costs money and as it came along more money was needed so I figured I would sell the 2dr to pay for the motor.  I had it sold twice but in both cases they fell sick and I gave them their money back.  Now is that a sign for me to do this 2dr.  With that, once I get it home I will be reading/bugging you for a good cause, to make this 2dr sing.  I'm new and will read as much as possible on this site but I'm sure there will be questions.  I will attempt to post some pics and will start a Log on the build.  Car should be home in May, not really sure if I want a gaser look, low rider look but it will come down on availability of cash.  I found a front fender, bought a B&M shifter and 2 high back 72 Thunderbird bucket seats so maybe a Covid redneck version......  Any suggestions are welcome.  JP 

RICH MUISE

Love that Lincoln! I had a new '79 in '80. Great road car as long as the gas stations are close enough, lol.
That Custom is looking good already! What part of the world are you in?
Welcome, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

The stance on the Custom is already pretty much perfect. I'm with Rich! Welcome to the nut house...always room for one more. And help/advice/suggestions? Yea...you'll find it all here...enjoy!  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hdshadpar

Tks and I do like the way it sits, not sure if that is original or he did some altercations already.  Once I can get a good look at things I will know more hopefully......   And the Lincoln should be done by the time I get the 57 home with a nice fresh 472 that has been balanced internally and some other goodies to make the 5000lb beast move along nicely. 

I am from Southern Saskatchewan by the Montana boarder, about 1 1/2 hrs to Glasgow and 1 /12 to Moose Jaw. 

rmk57

Oddly the Boss 429 scoop kinda suits it. Cool car you got there.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429