News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

stanger power steering

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-09-28 17:13

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Had Randy at Stanger power steering rebuild my Country Sedan PS units and ram. He told me that it took him longer to blast the caked on mud/cement than it took him to rebuild the bloody things. But, that cement actually protected everything so it came out beautiful. And the kicker is that the price was really quite reasonable. I have to send him the pump next then everything will be done and ready to fire up!

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

cokefirst

Randy is my go to guy for power steering.  I am doing a frame up on a 56 F100 and I wanted a period correct power steering.  Power steering was not an option on that vehicle.  I found a 1960's Eaton pump from an F600.  I liked it because it had a cooling coil that circled the reservoir.  Unfortunately, it sat in water and was rusted and in very poor shape.  I contacted Lars Corporation and they wanted $400 to rebuild the pump but since it was frozen, they refused to even look at it.  I tore it apart and got it free but the internals were worn.  Randy found good use parts and rebuilt the pump to like new condition and it cost me less than $200.  He really knows his stuff.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed