News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Good morning

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-10-27 09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Good morning guys, well I see everyone must have slept in again. Wow, thats 3 days in a row. I know there isn't much going on here in Montana, must be the same every where.  I can't get after Joe, because I know he is trying to get his shop finished, don't know what Hugh is doing, he always has something to say. Gary must be finishing up that hot  black custom, I thought for sure he would be showing us some burn outs by now.  I guess I am just getting bored, I don't have any new projects for this winter. I have been thinking about taking some of my stimulus money and buying me a new blowup doll, just something to have setting in my cars for the winter. I probably should talk to my wife about that first. I know this should have been in the "off topic" column, but than again maybe not. Take care, and lets get something to read on the board. Alvin

gasman826

Unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it, I haven't been doing anything '57 lately.  I've been putting away the summer project...lawn, house painting, etc.  I had a whole house generator installed which required a larger gas meter.  When the house was built, some genius installed the gas meter on the front porch...not very attractive.  There was siding built over it.  The new gas meter was twice as big as the original!  So...another thing on the to-do list.  Just finished painting it before the rain and cold front.  I acquired a really clean '65 Galaxie LTD...46K miles and really original and clean.  Of course 'original' means 55 year old shocks, brakes, and all the rubber.  I just installed QA1 double adjustables on the front with an ADDCO sway bar.  Huge improvement!  I bought a parts car '65 Galaxie that was delivered Sunday.  The parts car has a few options I was and the frame will be prepped to do a switch.  The frame will go on the rotisserie to get media blasted, re-enforced, aftermarket suspension upgrades, disc brakes and prepped to make the '65 a M code clone.  The cammer is getting some oiling mods.  The '57 Custom is stuck in the garage prepped for photo session for insurance reasons then storage for the winter.  By the way, there is a storage shortage!  Another time encroachment, I've been going to Planet Fitness three times a week with trainer for the past two months.  You may not understand, but I've pushed a keyboard for over 40 years and have never touched a work-out machine in my life.  Sometimes when I come home, I have to kick the door to signal my wife to let me in because my arms are too weak to pickup and turn the door handle!

FiveSevenLiter

And I have been busy preparing to deliver this beauty, which will be that last one before I retire on Saturday.  I have been blessed to be able to sell a good product to great customers.
Next will be enjoying my shop and getting the fleet out for some exercise.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

BP57CUSTOM

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired seven years and love every minute of it. I should have retired when I was 20.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

mustang6984

Quote from: BP57CUSTOM on 2021-10-27 15:31
Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired seven years and love every minute of it. I should have retired when I was 20.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   DITTO! Twenty would have been much better on the body! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

I have been spending the bulk of the last several days finishing up some upgrades on one of the apartments. The others were all done when they were empty...this one has had the same tenant for over 2 years...so I am working on it while occupied.
For instance, I replaced the switch that operates the garbage disposal early last week. Today the little bugger gave out whilst I was installing a new dishwasher...UGH! So I am guessing the type I put in...has a little light that comes on when it is off...might not be strong enough or was just defective to begin with. Dunno. At 4:15 I didn't care. I'll deal with it another day.
Hope to do some more time in the shop...still trying to make enough room so that I can do some work in there this winter. Perhaps this weekend. Also have this 13 - 14 foot high burn pile about 15 feet long and 10 feet wide. Been actively trimming trees...very actively! LOL!!! Almost done with that little chore. Had to stop until I can burn this pile down...this one...is number 3. I figure one more to go...then in January I will do bushes to make them look like they are somewhat civilized. I shoulda took pics! We will have grass under trees this next summer that haven't seen grass for probably 15 - 20 years.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

I am glad to read that you all have projects to keep you busy. I am caught up on mine. I caught a lot of crap from a couple of my friends last week because of bordom I washed and waxed my riding mower. But I have to say it looks way better then theirs. I retired 5 years ago, worked until I was 69, and like you I love every bit of it. However I have to have something to do or I go nuts looking for things, and that is right where I am right now, I have been fixing things that arn't even broke. I said that the retractable is my last resto project, but after reading about Gary's 65, I may change my mind, as long as it a easy one, on more full blown  restos.

RICH MUISE

Me, no projects. My boredom is fighting my COPD all the time. Just doing roadtrips, not much else. Took the Subaru for an over-nighter yesterday and today. Fought high winds the whole 600 miles. Thought maybe my road trips were done for a while......they are in the '57 'til I get some maintenance work done, but I've been dealing with depression this week since my Husky/riding partner died this past Sunday. Complications from a pit bull attack two weeks ago. She had some repair surgery and was doing great. Very active since the surgery and surprisingly her great attitude never changed after the attack. We're pretty sure a blood clot broke loose and caused a heart attack. Totally unexpected. I wasn't gonna say anything...kind of a downer posting, but you asked what we were doing. I've had dogs all my life, but never got this close to one. She was the best ever.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Sorry to hear about the Husky Rich. Sasha & she were buddies.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Rich, sorry to hear about your loss, I know when I lost mine it was hard to deal with.
I fight the COPD also. A few months ago they changed my inhaler and later asked how it was working. My reply was it makes it easier to smoke  :003: They just shook their heads and walked away..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks guys. Yep, Hugh, Keesha was everybody's friend, but still protective of us towards strangers coming to the house depending on our reactions.
The pit bull attack was at a rest area about 60 miles east of Amarillo. We were just out for a drive, though a little longer than the drives I usually took her for. The Pit Bull was in the car next to where I parked, never saw it until it escaped from their car and went right for Keesha's throat. Took the 80-year-old owner and me 10 minutes to separate them. Fortunately, it was on the smaller size compared to other Pit Bulls. The pit bull sent his owner tumbling on the pavement, had bloody elbows and knees, but he managed to hold on to the leash and eventually pull the dog off. It was wearing one of those cones to keep it from licking a previous injury, so I couldn't even try punching it, and I knew I had nothing in the Outback I could use as a weapon. I later told the owner he was lucky I wasn't carrying, or he'd have a dead dog on his hands.
Jim, I was just confirmed with COPD last month. My new (and gorgeous) doc has me on an inhaler for that in addition to the one I've been on for allergies. The new one really helps a lot, but $400 for a month's supply.............ouch.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Just another reason I NEVER leave my home without a pocket knife. I would have ended that real quick. with no apologies.

Again sorry for the loss...she was a sweetie...never gave me any ugly looks even...except of course if I wasn't fast enough with the petting thing. LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-10-28 10:26

Jim, I was just confirmed with COPD last month. My new (and gorgeous) doc has me on an inhaler for that in addition to the one I've been on for allergies. The new one really helps a lot, but $400 for a month's supply.............ouch.
With my Kaiser health plan I only have to pay a copay of $7, without that it would be $400 also. Medical cost are crazy, I had a 5 minute CT scan and I saw the bill was $13,000, WTF!
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

terry_208

Rich, I am sorry to hear about the loss of a beloved and devoted friend!  I don't have a furry friend of my own because of the loss aspect.  I give attention to all the dogs I see.  I have the best of both worlds;  I show them affection but don't have the vet bills nor do I have to feed or clean up after them.

Alvin, If you're just looking for something to do, I can haul my Custom up and you can adjust the doors.  I've been fighting them for months and can't seem to get them correct.  The only break from thinking about the adjustment was when I had it in the upholstery shop.
Terry

alvin stadel

Terry, I have fought with the left door on my retractable, for a long time. yesterday I started over, had to get a little pissed off and physical but now it shuts like it should. I am not sure what I done but it seems to have worked.  I know that the new rubber seals can create a problem for a while but not for 6 months. I didn't put the body back on the frame myself , and I am thinking that part of the problem was not having the correct torque on the frame to body bolts.  Just a guess, but I think that was part of my problem. I hope everything stays the way I have it now as I hate to have to slam doors. I doubt if that would be your problem, as you have a 2dr post with attached roof where mine is a convertable.