News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sorry about the hard break, guys...

Started by JPotter57, 2022-04-05 16:48

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Apparently a firewall I had installed back in 2017 didnt like a recent upgrade. It took me a while of running through error logs and finding a fix without losing any data, posts, members, etc, but I got it, and it works. Hope you guys like the new look, I also had to upgrade the forum as the old one was slated to not receive new developments.  We were using 2.0.18, and the new version, 2.1 had come out at Christmas. The newest version of it, 2.1.1 came in at the end of February, so I went ahead and moved to it. Unfortunately, the appearance changed a little, but I can live with it for the better functionality. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

BP57CUSTOM

Thanks for getting it going again, I was missing it.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

JPotter57

Spread the word...its good to be back.
Just a side note on my health condition:
I was released from dialysis monday before last, saw my doctor on wednesday, then got to go back to work on last monday.  Got my central line port removed on Friday. I feel great and am beginning to be able to do things again.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it was a difficult time for my family.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Awesome work James! we all appreciate your efforts on this. I had to log back in, of course, took a few tries, but here I am.
PS...silver lining: I lost my lead in the smite category, lol. and the clock needs resetting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Funny how much you miss something, when you can`t access for a few days, glad it is up and running. And James, glad to hear you are up and running, (or at least walking! :003: ) as well!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

John Palmer

Thanks for all of your work on this site.  I don't post a lot, but always check in each day,

John Palmer

mustang6984

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2022-04-05 16:59Spread the word...its good to be back.
Just a side note on my health condition:
I was released from dialysis monday before last, saw my doctor on wednesday, then got to go back to work on last monday.  Got my central line port removed on Friday. I feel great and am beginning to be able to do things again.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it was a difficult time for my family.

Sounds like a we should have all bought stock in the Bayer Aspirin Co. Cause I bet you ate a lot of them getting this mess squared away.
Great news on the health issue as well! Has to make life a little less...or a LOT less stressful.
Thanks for the dogged work to fix us up...and great to hear you are back on the road to health.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Thanks for fixing the forum. 

More importantly, thanks for the good news on your health. Hope you get better.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Contibob

Thank you for getting the site back up. I check in every day and really missed it. Bob Baker

Fairlane62

Whew, I am glad the site is back up and glad to hear that you are doing better.  Will continue prayers for complete recovery.

Jeff Norwell

Glad your on the mend James... have been thinking of you in the last few weeks.Really glad the site is back and the look is awesome.
Great work to all involved..... this place is the only true resource on the beloved 57 Ford.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

As mentioned before, thanks again and good news on your health!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

Your health is the most important. Getting the forum back has improved mine  :001: Thank you
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

James so happy to see you and the site are on the mend.  It is hard to understand what you are going through then put the "crash" on top!  I'm just so happy you are up and running!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

ROKuberski

WOW!  I'm glad to see this back online.  I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

Great job keeping this service going and of course, glad to hear that your health is improving.

Rich