Popular Mechanics 1957 Ford introduction, but different !

Started by djfordmanjack, 2022-12-19 08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

I really enjoy going through the vintage magazines.  This one caught my eye last week, Mechanix Illustrated headlined the Lincoln Continental and it was actually a Continental Mk II.
Included a couple others that I found.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

Great copies, Terry !

Interestingly enough the MkII shows some details that didn't make it into production. The prototypes were doing test miles in part camouflage. maybe that s why the mag didn't have pics of a spot on production model.

also the last magazine with article about 'Grand Prix' 1966. That is one of the greatest movies of all time imho!
If I recall correctly, they used cameras on actual GP cars and a GT40, to keep up with the fast racers. Many scenes from the movie are actual racing footage. Also several og GP drivers were shown like Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt aso. I love the footage of where James Garner drives his private Mustang FB Coupe around France ( I believe). and the split screen footage, where one camera setting shows the air intakes, another the carb linkage and yet another the exhausts...pure motor magic ! :001:

mustang6984

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2022-12-29 12:00I really enjoy going through the vintage magazines.  This one caught my eye last week, Mechanix Illustrated headlined the Lincoln Continental and it was actually a Continental Mk II.
Included a couple others that I found.
Terry
 :canada:

I had those mags! When my parents divorced and my mother moved us to CA she tossed ALL of them! I kept them in mint condition too! Along with my ENTIRE baseball card collection to the dump! I had entire '62 Yankees team and most of the '63 team in my collection! UGH!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker