News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

courier sedan delivery update

Started by scottymac, 2022-12-28 11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymac

here's a few updated shots of my project. Thankful to the members for help, ideas and support scott

scottymac

couple more pics...

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rovohn

WOW!
What did you use for keeping the liftgate up?
Cheers John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

57chero

Beautiful build, is that an air ride setup in the back?

scottymac

yes, air ride all around, equipment behind front seat with some extra fuse panels and relays. Hides it nicely

and ROVOHN I just used standard gas struts available on amazon. 85 pd pressure, (measure length open and closed) but when I put glass in I think I will need 100 pd. I took old bracket where old lift was, duplicated it on other side. I can send pics if it will help you

scottymac

57chero the color is House of Kolor Kandy Tangerine over Zenith Gold. Really pops in the sun

KYBlueOval

Great looking SD ! Really like the color.
I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the T'Bird Hood Scoop, as I have a '63 T'Bird Hood that I plan on using when I do the same modification.
1)What is the distance from the peak of the scoop to the leading edge of the hood?
2)Did you strip the entire "skin" off the '57 hood and the T'Bird hood and install the T'Bird skin on the '57 hood frame. That's how I'm planning on doing it. Just had both hoods chemically stripped in preparation of doing it.
3)Could I please ask if you could take a couple of photos:
  I'd like to see how the scoop meets the raised lip at the back     
  edge of the hood.
  And a photo of the back side of the hood
Many thanks!
John

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

scottymac

john
the measurement is 12 3/4" from front of hood to front of scoop. I just guessed but i'm very happy with the location. I'll dig out pics of the hood process I did and post later for you

KYBlueOval

rovohn

Quote from: scottymac on 2022-12-28 12:10yes, air ride all around, equipment behind front seat with some extra fuse panels and relays. Hides it nicely

and ROVOHN I just used standard gas struts available on amazon. 85 pd pressure, (measure length open and closed) but when I put glass in I think I will need 100 pd. I took old bracket where old lift was, duplicated it on other side. I can send pics if it will help you
That would be great,Thanks
John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

scottymac

john heres my lift mounts

scottymac

heres hood process
I cut tbird as shown. stretched and shrunk edges tiny bit where needed. drilled and cleco'd the fit. then used 3m panel adhesive down both sides (roughing both surfaces real good). then screwed screws in the cleco holes to hold in place. Pictures don't show it but I used a lot more clecos then shown. Then welded the front and rear. must be sure no heat gets to adhesive section as it will kill the bond. I took that part real slow. I tig'd it but mig would work fine just take care to not get hot. Removed screws next day. Filled holes inside and out. Dressed the edges real good then applied minimum filler. I'm pretty good welder so i wasn't afraid to weld it completely but this way no chance of warping the side edges, and that 3m panel adhesive works great. Not functional this way but I didn't care about that. Lots of ways to do the job but this worked good for me. Good luck, hope this helps.

scottymac

john,
heres the last shots u requested