News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Upper and Lower control arm bushing replacement.

Started by Gregs57, 2023-03-22 10:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregs57

Since I ordered it I think Ill use it as I am not replacing coils. The car has the original 272 in it. If I go with my 466 big block later I will change out coils because of the weight change. Thanks all for the feedback.
57 Ford Custom 300 2dr
57 Meteor Niagara 300 2dr

59meteor

Greg, not really sure if a FE is much heavier than a Y Block, when i swapped out the 272 in my 57 years ago, for a FE, the front end did not sit noticeably lower. When I was doing my 59 Meteor, it had the original 332 FE, so when I swapped to the 428 CJ, the weight was pretty much the same. However, I installed new coil and leaf springs, just because I thought the 60+ year old originals were ripe for retirement. The original coils were not broken or collapsed, but I didn`t want to "roll the dice", by keeping the old springs in. I bought my new coils from Eaton Detroit Springs, and they offer the springs in several weight rates. Since my 428 has aluminum heads, intake, and water pump, I chose the lighter 292 application springs, but eventually cut 1/2 coil off to get the nose down a bit. Stil may cut another 1/4 turn off at a later date.
I was not looking for a lower than factory height, but even with lower 70 series tires on the front, it sat up a bit high.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Jeff Norwell

Greg.... sorry.late to the party.. if still win need of factory parts.. look up Shay at PRESIXTIES.COM for all your part needs.I rebuilt both my complete front suspensions from him.. NO Chinese or crappy Indian Garbage.......

But if you have everything you need..... never mind hahaha

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com