News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1959 Ford brake booster reservoir vs 1957

Started by abe_lugo, 2023-03-24 21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

I ended with a 59 reservoir for power brakes but it doesn't  have the build in check valve.
The pedal was the exact same swift sure setup with the bellows. 

1. Is there an inline check valve to use?
2. Or does one have an extra reservoir? 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ford Blue blood

I would think it will have the fender well tank as the 57 units did.  The check valve is located on that tank if I remember correctly.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

abe_lugo

That's is  what I thought but nope it was not on this tank and it looked to be the original on on this car.  I didn't get a chance to follow the line back to the engine to see if there was a check valve in line.

59meteor

My 59 has manual brakes, but I do have factory 59 Ford shop manuals in the garage, I can go out and see if the manual shows the check valve and it`s location if you like.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

abe_lugo

Thank for the offer I bet it's on the manifold somehow.  Also not this was mounted low and deep on the inner fender. Not the same spot as the the 57-58, but the swiftsure hose connected to it.

59meteor

Abe, I checked in my 59 shop manual, and it shows a check valve threaded into the vacuum reservoir , mounted to the left inner fender panel.The check valve is connected to a hose from the intake manifold. Hope that helps.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

abe_lugo

Yep that was the style I was expecting. 
With The check valve on the reservoir. Anyhow thanks for checking!